GaryRay

just saw "get smart"

damn good movie, it was hilarious and anne hathaway is such a hottie! they had a pretty cool skydiving part in it that im sure someone on here knows who exactly did it and all the details about the stunt. but it kind of looked like after they "cutaway" and then deployed the reserve, that they were under a tandem which would make sense, anyone want to prove me wrong or right? so in the end, i give it a thumbs up!
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

I thought the whole movie was a perfect execution. Thought they could have really screwed it up, but loved every minute.

-S

Ok, I know this sounds like a trivial thing, but a couple minutes into the movie, Max asks Agent 23 how 23's latest assassination mission went. 23 sarcastically replies that Max should know that assassinations are against Executive Order 12333.

And I actually said out loud, "Holy shit! That's actually true!" Ok, here's a group of writers that have done their homework.

And the writers continued to prove that they had done their homework by very nicely weaving in tribute after tribute to the original series.

The movie was MUCH better than I had expected.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ok, I know this sounds like a trivial thing, but a couple minutes into the movie, Max asks Agent 23 how 23's latest assassination mission went. 23 sarcastically replies that Max should know that assassinations are against Executive Order 12333.

And I actually said out loud, "Holy shit! That's actually true!"

Yeah, I thought the same thing...I just happen to know these types of things.:)

Great movie from beginning to end, a rarity these days when it comes to movies. I predict it to be the funniest movie of the season. Carrel made a perfect Maxwell Smart. Worth every penny.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Do you do missions like these guys on that tv show 'the unit' Scott?

That's a TV show and Hollywoods idea of what goes on in the real world and not very realistic. I told the producer as much when I consulted for an episode with a HALO scene in it.

Are you that sort of guy?

Me? I'm just a door gunner on the space shuttle, I don't do anything cool.:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Just bringing this back up now that the movie is out on DVD. We watched it last night, and loved it. I really can't remember the last time a movie had me laughing so much. Definitely worth the rental, especially if you were a fan of the tv show.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Only our zhills buddy John S. can do stunts for those big bad guys! ;)

He said it took days to film the skydive scene. It took hours every day to put a full face mask on.

John also did the stunt flying for Dennis Rodman's character Turbo in that skydive classic Cutaway.

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton