Spiracom

London Skydivers

hi guys, this is my first post here. did my AFF in norway this summer @ Voss (extremesportsweek place) which was awesome. havent jumped back in the UK yet...(i'll mess up final year @ uni for sure if i go each weekend;))....but as soon as i can pursuade a mate with a car to take me- im off!

Anyway- right now i am REALLY MAD with myself as i should be down in london having skydive beers and meeting some local skydivers....but stupid uni stuff messed up my night!!!>:( (I did meet some english people in Voss- Al and Pixie (from Langar?) and another guy called Adam, who'd just done the FJC @ kjerag, but lost email contacts!!!)

anyway guys hope you all had fun and look reasonably presentable (if present) at work on friday... look forward to meeting some of you guys in the future!

Steffen
....at least there are a bunch of new vids on skydivingmovies.com to check out tonite....
ps just found google uk skydiving groups and yahoo london skydivers, but tips about the UK scene before i get my arse over to a DZ? (im based in either Amersham/Cambridge)

hope to meet you soon-ish saf40, when I saw the was a new post to the thread at 6:30 am, I wondered whether anyone had done any drunk-posting!

Didn't manage to go either, any gossip? Vicki, you always know what was going on?

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Yes, it was a pleasant evening! Some new people came, who saw the write-up in The Mag. There weren't that many of us there, but enough to get up to mischeif!! ;)

The secret to surviving these evenings is definately arriving late. I don't feel too bad this morning!

xx
www.sneale-create.com

Okay guys.... Question time....

Do we:
a) Reserve the area again and pay the £10 fee by having a whip round like last time
b) Just turn up and invade the place! being rude to everyone that comes into our area so as to avoid the £10 charge
c) Turn up and drink nicely, being polite to everyone and having the group all over the place because there are other people sitting amongst us

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

or option d) go to the curzon.... ;)

Considering the amount of people that show up, order food and drink, i think it's outrageous that they still want to charge a tenner.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

i just think it's rediculous that they want to charge for definate business... to me, that doesn't make sense

Agreed. But the group voted to stay at the MP despite this fact.

I say we just split the £10 between us - the closer we get to Christmas the more packed the place is going to get and the more necessary it will be to book to get a space.

Vicki

Yes, but a lot of people didn't vote and I think it's a matter of principal to go somewhere where we don't have to pay, we are treated exceptionally well, (because we are skydivers!) (the manager IS a skydiver) and we have access to big screens for watching skydiving vids...

just my 2c worth...
www.sneale-create.com

If it bothers you that much, put another poll up on the e-mail group!

I really don't care where we drink - both places have their plus points but since a group decision has been taken to stay at the MP, arguing abot going somewhere else seems pointless. You say not many people voted... that means that of those who could be bothered to express an opinion, the majority wanted to stay at the MP! I take it that those who didn't vote didn't care.

The decision on where to go was made perfectly fairly with everyone given a chance to express their views and in the full knowledge that we would be charged for going to the MP.

Let's return to Nigel's original question...

Vicki

As I said, just expressing my opinion.

No need for a vote, I'm not really a politcal person.

...at the end of the day, I (and the people who want to go elsewhere) am going to go wherever the group decides to go, 'cos it's about the group getting together and people meeting each other and talking skydiving! (and getting drunk, I suppose!! :D)

One verrrry good thing about the MP is those nachos, funny how they always serve them without jelapeno's and I have to go and ask for them, but when they do come, mmmmmm baby soo gooood!

:ph34r:

They gonna let us put movies on at the MP, Nige?

xx
www.sneale-create.com

oh god the 'Curzon v the MP' debate AGAIN! we're going to get this thread locked soon for repetition every couple of pages!

I say for the sake of a peaceful life we just suck up the 10 quid between us each time we go. 50p really isn't very much each, and yes although i disagree with the principle of having to pay, thats what the majority of people who voted wanted when asked.

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

p.s. next drinks evening is Thursday 24th November, same place as usual, the Montagu Pyke, I hope to see loads of you there.

work is :S at the moment though so I will need a lot of :D to turn me from >:( to :)
Caz x

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

I called the Montague Pyke, We have an area reserved,
However, the normal area already has a group of 40 in it,
So we were given two options,
1/ Right in the Front Entrance
2/ Upstairs

So i went for the upstairs option, as i hope it will be at bit warmer!
Its No Smoking though......

If anyone has any major problem with this please let me know and i will change it,
It will also cost £10 again so bring your 50p 'subs'

As for the videos, Yes, the MP has always let us put videos on! But they must be on VHS as the DVD player isn't on the same system.

As for the December Piss-Up, what would people like to do? The 4th Thursday is the 22nd, the one before is the 15th.
But they have rightfully said that Booking with Food will take priority.

And about the Curzon vs. Pyke, You save over 50p per drink in comparison so it's not really an issue.
Maybe 2006 can be a new year and new venue!?

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

If I recall correctly Nigel, you were one of the people who voted to stay in the MP when we actually voted!

Upstairs is fine by me, I'll send an email to the group in a minute to let everyone know.

Cheers for sorting Nigel.

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

Just a reminder to everyone that tonight is the November London Skydivers drinks meet, same place as usual, the Montagu Pyke from about 6pm but this time we have an area reserved upstairs (up near the loos) ie not our usual spot downstairs.

See you there later,

Caz :)

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

apologies for the late reminder, but tonight is the December London Skydivers drinks evening in the Montagu Pyke, Leicester Square.

We don't have a reserved area this time due to a bit of a mix up, but as its likely to be a bit quieter than normal anyway due to all the Christmas festivities going on this shouldn't hopefully be too much of a problem.

Anyway, see you later,

Caz

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

I guys,

I was looking for a non-wuffos pub in London and here you are your cheeky sods!
I dropped a few lines in the Introduction and Greets area of the forum:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2029257;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I am a 34 years old unattached, handsome, tall, dark, professional Frenchman with blue eyes making a lot of squids in the City and I am looking for a shag...hoops... making some new friends within the London Skydiving community and much much more like jumping from perfectly working airplanes even though there is no such thing.

If you think that I've got what it takes to join you next week for the London Skydivers Piss Up night, drop me a line. I you don't and just want to have sex, drop me a line as well. Blokes need not apply.

;) kind regards,

Franzz