moodyskydiver

possible good news

Yesterday I went into the newspaper office where I work to turn in some photos from an article I'd written and had a pleasant surprise waiting on me.

The Marketing Director who mentioned me for this job pulled me aside and said that the guy, who is our main photographer, is moving on to other things in his career now that hes the Assistant Editor.So that leaves a full-time photographer's position open. The M.D. is backing me really heavily to the Editor so that I get the full-time position because I'm one of the few people who is a competent photographer besides the Editor and Assistant Editor.She said I might know something as soon as today on whether the Editor agrees with her and wants me on board full-time!Woohoo! I know its still in the works but I'm very hopeful that I'm going to get this position.This would be SO great for me since I only have one more class next semester before I graduate in May.B|

I was blown away that I had people pushing for me to get this job.I thought I'd been flying under the radar since no one really noticed my work...or so I thought.So this was definitely a nice surprise.:)
everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer for me!:$

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

This is great news, no matter what happens! I'm pulling for you, for sure, but at least you know how much they like your work. It's great to find out that they're pleased with what you're doing for them. What a great thing to add to the list of "things to be thankful for this year!"
TPM Sister #102

Woohaaa.... Cool....
Gonna keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Well I have a *little* more info than I had this aftrernoon. I talked to our Marketing Director earlier and she said that she did speak with the Editor and I'm going to be getting more money and more time pushed my way.She couldnt go into detail because the Assistant Editor came up about that time and she didnt want him knowing I'm trying to get his old job I guess. So shes supposed to call me back any minute.I dont know how much more time and money yet because the details arent completely ironed out yet but any more time and money is a good thing right now.I'll update when I have more info.:)
*fingers still crossed*:$

Yeah, my mom has been super proud of me for working as a newspaper writer/photographer so she's been cutting out all my articles and putting them in a scrapbook for me.I'll eventually get around to mounting them on good cardstock so that it looks more professional in a portfolio.:$

And give us a link......mmmmkkkkk

oops! forgot the link: Navarro County Times

Our ePaper is still in the works but its getting there.We're only a weekly paper right now and have only been around a year or so.I've only been writing for them since the first part of September of this year.So if you want to read some of my stuff just browse through it until you find my name on a By line.I'm the only one named Amber working for the NCT.:)
Any constructive feedback on my articles is appreciated...just keep in mind that I've had no professional/formal training as a writer other than Composition and Rhetoric I&II in college.I've had no journalism training or photography training (all the pics that go with any article with my name on them were taken by me).:$