DJL

Studded Snow Tires

You know Mikee...... I think you were the only one to actually get the intent of that post:ph34r:;)

Wasn't sure if you meant it that way or not... but I *had* to do it!!! ;)

Have you MET Jeanne?? Of course she meant it that way! ;);)B|

Not yet, but hopefully one day!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Back on subject:P, I hate studded tires because of what they do to the roads. One study I read said that the economics of studded tires are all upside down, and that accident rates may actually increase on a year-round basis because of the stud grooves in the road that hold standing water.

I learned to drive in the snow on dirtbikes when I was 15, 4 wheels are a breeze after that. Like you say, Amazon, nothing lets you charge around like a maniac. Snow and ice driving are all about technique as much as equipement. If you don't know how to drive in the snow, stay home. :P

Cheers mate .... All being well, I'll get over to the North West some time (got to make sure that Woodpecker hasn't trashed the place for you). I need to jump in the States again.

Well for your sake come in July...mid July.... the Pacific NorthWET has America's version of crappy English weather.... Summer starts the weekend after the 4th of July and lasts to mid-August.. before or after that.. dont bet on getting full altitude...or staying dry.

They supposedly put a lot of pollutants in the air too. At least that was the claim by a company who sold a stud alternative tire that had green diamonds in the tread.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P