BillyVance

Job opening in Alaska...

Position: Surveyor
Salary: $200 per hour (tax-free)
Qualification: Must be fast on your feet

Isn't it comforting to know that when you are about to become a bear's breakfast your buddy is standing there taking photos? :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

not in that weather it isn't!
:P

nah, but if its gonna be cold as hell anyways, minas well do it in the winter and have enough money to buy your own dz when it warms up
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Photographer has the greatest job...

In all seriousness, I work with a guy who used to work out in the North Slope in the winter (ice fishing) and he showed me a picture of them working, and about 20 yards away was a polar bear. He said that polar bear was always there, we just dealt with him...

....COMPLETELY CRAZY in my book...

...but it would have been awesome to get a pic like that :):D

CReW SKies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

and im sure many of them think people that jump out of (allegidly) perfectly good airplanes are completely crazy too...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

and im sure many of them think people that jump out of (allegidly) perfectly good airplanes are completely crazy too...

Ya go figure [:/]

CReW Skies,
bubbles

Ya go figure [:/]

CReW Skies,
bubbles

What would be worse than jumping out of a plane over a desolate white landscape up there in Alaska, only to land amidst a bunch of sleeping polar bears you couldn't see from up there, and you wake them up going "wooo hooo what a jump that was!!! Oooooo fuck..." :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Position: Surveyor
Salary: $200 per hour (tax-free)
Qualification: Must be fast on your feet

Isn't it comforting to know that when you are about to become a bear's breakfast your buddy is standing there taking photos? :ph34r:

My ex-wife needs a good-paying job. Where should I send her application for IMMEDIATE consideration ?
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Isn't it comforting to know that when you are about to become a bear's breakfast your buddy is standing there taking photos?

Thats why the old saying goes: "you don't have to be faster than the bear, just your buddy":)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Can you say "30-30 in .45-70?" I knew you could!!

You could say it.. but we would all be calling you LUNCH.

I would prefer something a tad better... Magnum.... for a running at you polar bear... the one in the pictures.. is not even a big one.

Trust me.. when you travel to places like the far north... where humans are not always necessarily at the very top of the food chain... a .300 WIN Magnum.. or larger will make more of an impression than a little ole Winchester deer rifle.

I think he ment a Marlin guide gun in 45-70 with garrett hammerhead loads.;) 30-30 in 45-70 is like saying a .38 in 44 magnum.:S

Garrett loads in my .44 redhawk? I can only shoot two a session of the 'big' ones.:o Compared to 500 rds of 9 mm a session.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

im sure one of these would do the trick quite well... they are fun to shoot too! not too much kick http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

Yeah, throw THAT up on your shoulder with a bear running at you:S You realize it weighs 39 pounds? and is scoped? Try using google for Ruger No. 1 375 H&H mag, or .416 Rigby. Those are guide guns with some kick, of course downside is they are single shots:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

yes, i realize how much it weighs, i have played with them before

or you could use OC bear spray

but at 10 million schovial heat units... dont get any on or near your body... or alaska will warm up real quick!!

JUST FYI, military grade OC is only 5-6 shu, anything higher WILL melt your eyes. And that shit sucks!

good thing my authorization to carry is for life :P

yes, i realize how much it weighs, i have played with them before

or you could use OC bear spray

but at 10 million schovial heat units... dont get any on or near your body... or alaska will warm up real quick!!

JUST FYI, military grade OC is only 5-6 shu, anything higher WILL melt your eyes. And that shit sucks!

good thing my authorization to carry is for life :P

Alaska is warmer than where i currently am... well anchorage is....