madhatter

Myspace?

OK, I've succumbed. Just signed up for Myspace as a sharing exercise.

http://www.myspace.com/dzmadhatter

Who else is on there & is it really worth being on there? After signing up it seems I have a friend named Tom - Who the hell is this TOM? Never met the guy, but I'm not going to delete him until I at least have a replacement ;)
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

OK, I've succumbed. Just signed up for Myspace as a sharing exercise.

http://www.myspace.com/dzmadhatter

Who else is on there & is it really worth being on there? After signing up it seems I have a friend named Tom - Who the hell is this TOM? Never met the guy, but I'm not going to delete him until I at least have a replacement ;)

I think Tom is the creator of the site. He's everyone's first friend. :D

Just sent you a friend's request. Yea, it's a fun place. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

myspace is gay, tom is gay. post up a bunch of gay pics and music on your I love me page and then you will have a bunch of other gay friends like tom that want your nuts..

hope this helps;)

Oh shuush!! :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I'm on there, basically to keep up with some college buddies and for my high school reunion coming up, but hey I've got some pictures up and some skydiving friends on there too.

I think I might blog on there while in Colorado about my first experience at nationals and the first time (and last time) that I'll be competing in the PST.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Is Myspace really that bad?

MySpace was coded by a retarded monkey on crack.

Seriously, what the fuck is up with the way content modules can't simply be turned off but instead require some sort of "secret" code needing to be placed in the "About Me" field, none of which makes any sense whatsoever because there is not a cheat sheet telling you how to do it or even a naming convention between the content boxes.

If you're going to let users "customize" their pages, fucking give them logical tools to do it! How about a check box that says "turn this content box off?"

Further, who the fuck thought giving users the option of making crap ass hideous looking web pages all about themselves was a good idea anyway?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I've "touched" MySpace because I used to work for a company that was trying to set up a social networking site.

Further, there are musician and comedian sections I find "semi" useful, but the overall implementation of the site in its entirety is horrendous even if it is "popular".
quade -

Further, who the fuck thought giving users the option of making crap ass hideous looking web pages all about themselves was a good idea anyway?

Judging from the success of myspace, I'd say it wasn't such a bad idea.

It's successful because of the user data and direct marketing aspects that provides advertisers. It's successful because of the ad revenue. It's successful not because of the content, but that it plays on the egos of those that use it. It's a fascinating business model to be sure as far as money goes, but I actually don't judge things based solely on revenues.

It also has been used for a fair amount of evil; stalkers, web bullies, child molesters. I think that should be given some consideration.
quade -

It also has been used for a fair amount of evil; stalkers, web bullies, child molesters. I think that should be given some consideration.

So has Usenet, e-mail, IRC, AIM, MSN, AOL (general chat rooms), the internet in general...I'm sure Gopher was used inappropriately as well as the telegraph, the telephone, cars, newspaper want ads...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Is Myspace really that bad?

MySpace was coded by a retarded monkey on crack.

Seriously, what the fuck is up with the way content modules can't simply be turned off but instead require some sort of "secret" code needing to be placed in the "About Me" field, none of which makes any sense whatsoever because there is not a cheat sheet telling you how to do it or even a naming convention between the content boxes.

If you're going to let users "customize" their pages, fucking give them logical tools to do it! How about a check box that says "turn this content box off?"

Paul, I know what you're saying, nevertheless, Fox bought the site for $500,000,000 - obviously people like it - and whether you, I or anyone else agree - it was a genius idea.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

It's a fascinating business model to be sure as far as money goes, but I actually don't judge things based solely on revenues.

I wasn't referring to the revenue alone when I said it was successful. Despite some of the things I don't like about it (like the difficulty with editing the layout), I think it is one of the best social networking sites available. For whatever reason, it attracts a huge number of people. And, for me, it allows/encourages me to stay in contact with so many more people than I would otherwise. I don't spend a lot of time there, but I do like the site, and I would say that it's pretty successful.

Sure. That can be said for a lot of things. Dropzone.com has probably been used by stalkers and web bullies too, but overall it's a pretty good site.

Well hello, Shotgun. I couldn't help but notice you there. What are you wearing? Can I interest you in a piece of candy I have back in my van?

:)

Well hello, Shotgun. I couldn't help but notice you there. What are you wearing? Can I interest you in a piece of candy I have back in my van?

:)

OK, here's a hint for you, Steve: You don't pick up older women by offering them candy.

Make mine chocolate. By the way, by calling us "older" it takes a LOT of chocolate. If you call us "experienced" we take less chocolate.
:P

skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

what are you saying?? older women don't like candy??

Well, candy's OK, but it's not going to lure me to the van.

Hmm, unless it's some really damn good candy. Maybe a Milka bar..... or a White Russian, perhaps. :P

right on, candy is dandy but liquor is quicker then:D
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell