Amazon

Heraldry Post your Coat of Arms

Ok.. I have been tracking down my ancestry for quite a while, but no one in the immediate family could ever tell me what my mothers grandmothers maiden name was. I finally found it in a post by a distant cousin who is also one of her granddaughters.

This shit is fun.... ( ok.. the weather sucks.. and nothing better to do..)
I knew that on my grandfathers side I could trace ancestry back to the clans in Scotland and N. Ireland... and I knew there was some English thrown in there.. but that one name..... Has led back to an interesting family history.. people I have even heard of even. I am now DEEP into the Plantagenet family.. and the Doomsday book and even William himself...

So.. who do you descend from... Post your family Coat of Arms.

http://www.digiserve.com/heraldry/

Hell I even found an ancestor was an assasin...one of the knights who did the deed on Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury

Carefull... I gots relatives in high places.... some might be revenuers watchin:o

No wonder I avoid most of my family....:ph34r: check this shit out....

AAARRRGGGHHHH
common 9th grandmohter ..

Rebecca Wright
Born: abt 1655
Gloucester, Essex, Maryland, USA
Died: 30 May 1709
St Marys, [county], Maryland, USA

George Walker Bush (1946-)
43rd President of the United States of America
George W. Bush declared a global War on Terrorism and the overthrow of the Taliban. He also adopted the No Child Left Behind Act.
Relationship: 10th Cousin
:S:S:S

some might be revenuers watchin:o

"And he never came back from Copperhead Road"

So much that I've wondered makes sense now:P

In reality-My real parents came from German paupers, no coat of arms from that group. Biologics might be Scot or Brit-I'm afraid to check just in case they weren't Scot:)
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

George W. Bush declared a global War on Terrorism and the overthrow of the Taliban. He also adopted the No Child Left Behind Act.
Relationship: 10th Cousin
:S:S:S

Just goes to prove - "You can't choose, your family" -
So sorry to hear you bad news:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Nope location does not change the DNA... There are a WHOLE lot of people I had read about.. and never realized I was in direct descent from them...

I was a little awestruck when the various Baron this and Lady that and Sir whatchacallit came up.. but then.. WHOA.. Actual historical figures I had read about. Even Longshanks.... I had plenty of relatives on both sides of those battles . Seems my family got involed in a LOT of friggin wars... and many of them managed to live thru them:ph34r::ph34r:

The only disturbing part.... OK... I dont mind the English part so much.. but FRENCH... ppppfffttt

WAAAAAHHHHH Now I have to claim FRENCHIE ancestry too...[:/][:/]

I think I know the other reason the English dig this shit so much... you have crappy English weather where its just not fun going outside...

Well I live in near Seattle, we are infamous for the American version of Crappy English Weather... check out the local radar...:S:S

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/98273?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

"Legend has it that the Family is descended from Maximus, the Briton, roman Emperor from 383 until his death in 388, and the King of Britain, when he married the daughter of Octavius, King of the Britons."
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I'm posting both the version that the Heraldry website had of my family Coat of Arms, and the correct version from my nationwide family association website.

I already know the wisecracks are coming. Bring it on anyway.

:D:D:D

I can claim Robert the Bruce and a couple of kings and queens of Scotland as my ancestors, as well as a governor of North Carolina. There are many more too numerous to list. I have ancestors that fought for William Wallace (Braveheart).

I have a complete and unbroken direct line of descendants on my family tree going back to 1384, to Vans of Barnbarroch, and the estate grounds are still owned by distant cousins today, but the mansion burned down a long time ago. The outside walls still stand though. My parents and brother have visited it several times. I have yet to, but will someday.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I can claim Bruce the Hairdresser and a couple of queens as my ancestors

as well as a governor of North Carolina.(truth-before he was Governor he was Tom Dulah's, of the folk song "Hang Down Your Head Tom Dooley" defence lawyer. Tom was hanged shortly after the trial)

*Edited to insert trivia and make the story match the design*
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

How did you trace your roots back, John? Has it been passed down through the familiy documents?

Other family members have done this research, mostly one in particular. Family documents. Graveyard headstone photos. Family tree drawings. County records. Etc. Fascinating stuff.

The Rich's go back to the founding of America and the Revolutionary War.

Prior to that, along with the non-Rich wives, they came from Ireland, England and Germany, if I recall correctly.

Attached: My great-great grandfather, and his lovely wife.

Have you ever noticed how people in those old-time photos never smiled like we do for photographs today? Why is that?

Have you noticed that all these family crests are nearly all the same basic design: a knight's headpiece, with flowery stuff flowing from it, and a shield. The only variation seems to be what's on the shield. And even with that there are many similarities: crosses and noble animals like lions and horses. You would think someone back then would have been more creative and done something different now and then!

Great piece of research.

I wonder if they don't smile, is because it's easier to hold a fixed gaze for longer than a smile. How longer were the exposures in those days?

As for the heraldry. I thought that the shield was the important part. I'm not sure what the history & symbolism of the external nick-nacks represent or where they stem from.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome