Cashmanimal

Excuse me? WTF?

So in September, my roommates and I threw a "no pants" party. Long story short, it was out of control, and we ended up having a ridiculous police force dispatched to our house (Kicking down doors, riot gear, the whole shabang). Closed off the entire block with road blocks....

Anyway, my roommate and I both got citations, after the cops that showed up said we wouldn't get citations. (I was one of the people who called the cops). So we went to our court dates, and my case wasn't showing up-- I was in the free and clear, and my roommate ended up having to come back for another court date, where they eventually dropped his charges in December.

Well it's 1am on February 2nd, and I just got a call from the Police department. They noticed that my citation wasn't signed (which I noticed at my original court date) so they came by my house..... at 1 am..... to have me sign another one. I was like, "okay, what a pain in the ass, but okay."

As the cop is finishing up, he says: "oh, and here's your new court date."

Excuse me? Are you fucking joking? You called me at 1 am 5 months after this shit even happened to issue me a new court date for a case that's already been dropped?

I'm so unbelievably pissed off, I don't even know why they even bothered. Then the cop says "it'll hopefully get dropped again." Which of course, I hope it will too. But at that point, now you've just essentially wasted your time tonight, and now HOURS of my life spread out over the next 4 months (My court date is in mid April, and I'll probably have another scheduled at the one) for a case that will (hopefully) get dropped.

>:(:|>:(:|
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

The cops just called again.... I saw the number on my phone and thought, "maybe they had a change of heart."

"Mr. Cashman, this is Officer Martinez again. Hey sorry to bother you again, but you forgot to give us your apartment number at your new address."

sssssiiiiiiigggggghhhhhh
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Oh, but the "middle of the night to wake you up cop knock" is just the best; isn't it?

It's worse-- they have my cell phone number! And they call from a blocked number, so I can't prank call them later or anything.

Oh, but the "middle of the night to wake you up cop knock" is just the best; isn't it?

It's worse-- they have my cell phone number! And they call from a blocked number, so I can't prank call them later or anything.

Answer their calls in a prank version... there's a reference somewhere in the Bonfire forums.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

i just dont answer blocked numbers... EVER!

thatll piss them off

as for the ticket, if you have already been to court once, and they are trying to hook you up again, isnt that some sort of double jepordy?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm so unbelievably pissed off, I don't even know why they even bothered. Then the cop says "it'll hopefully get dropped again." Which of course, I hope it will too. But at that point, now you've just essentially wasted your time tonight, and now HOURS of my life spread out over the next 4 months (My court date is in mid April, and I'll probably have another scheduled at the one) for a case that will (hopefully) get dropped.

>:(:|>:(:|

Now I'm not a cop, but it sounds to me like the officer was burned or written up or whatever for not properly issuing a citation and he's trying to correct his mistake... If you had a ridiculous police force dispatched to your house, it wasn't exactly a 'secret'.

What was the time that was annotated on the original citation that wasn't signed or what time did the cops show up at the party? Sounds like the cop is/might be trying to pull a fast one to cover his ass. At any rate, you might want to go talk to a lawyer.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well it's 1am on February 2nd, and I just got a call from the Police department. They noticed that my citation wasn't signed (which I noticed at my original court date) so they came by my house..... at 1 am..... to have me sign another one. I was like, "okay, what a pain in the ass, but okay."

If the cops called me at 1 am on Febuary 2nd they would be speaking to my voicemail... and if they showed up at my door at that time of day... I might just answer it naked.

of course along the same vain... several years ago my sister had her license plate stolen from the back of her car while she was away at school. and the evening that the theft was discovered a police unit was dispached to my parents house, where her car was registered, and the idiot that this particular cop was decided it was a good idea to enter my parents house at 2 AM... Now he did announce himself as an officer but I can only imagine what my father was going through when at 2 AM he hears someone downstairs "breaking into" his house.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Well I know if someone breaks into my house they would get a surprise. Nothing is a suprising as a naked guy with a Kitana Katana HP canopy

Fixed it for ya. ;)
I don't think Broke jumps a Katana (canopy) and I would certainly be somewhat discrete... (and my house is generally locked... whereas my parents didn't always lock it at night...)

I just know that my dad was confused about why a police officer would think it was a good idea to actually enter his house (without probable cause of a crime in progress) in the middle of the night... when the doorbell works just fine (although not overly polite at 2 am either)

I do know that the doorbell works though as I was once locked out as a child (after being left in the van after arriving home late at night from a party)...

this was on one of the few nights that the doors were locked... and woke my dad confused by the doorbell and discovering his 10 year old son standing outside asking to come in... :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Well I know if someone breaks into my house they would get a surprise. Nothing is a suprising as a naked guy with a Kitana Katana HP canopy

Fixed it for ya. ;)

I definitally don't fly a Kitana. I like my tug boat canopy just fine ;).

I am talking about a finely honed full tang sharp pointy thing of death.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192