skittles_of_SDC

What do you do when your best friend...

You and mneal hit the nail right on the head.

Honestly, the girl isn't important. What's pissing me off is the lack of respect he's showing. I said to him awhile ago something along the lines of "you better not try anything until I know I have failed." And he said he promised (i never mentioned the word promise that was his own thing) he wouldn't. When it comes to a 'best friend' and they make you a promise you should be able to trust they will keep it. That's just my opinion though.

If he would have waited a little longer and it turned out nothing was there then I probably wouldn't be wasting my time posting this thread and my responses.

starts trying to make a move on a girl that you like? I mean he's the ladies man and most girls think he's hot so if it comes down to me vs. him I have no chance. It was going well with her for awhile until she stopped talking to me but this probably explains why.

Oh and talking to him won't do shit. He gets shady as fuck when it comes to chicks.

If you guys were married, engaged, lliving together, or even dating exclusively that would be egregious.

If you were dating, that wouldn't be good.

Where it's at "a girl that you like" and she's "not talking to you" rather than "my girl friend" who "won't even have dinner" it's not much.

starts trying to make a move on a girl that you like? I mean he's the ladies man and most girls think he's hot so if it comes down to me vs. him I have no chance. It was going well with her for awhile until she stopped talking to me but this probably explains why. Oh and talking to him won't do shit. He gets shady as fuck when it comes to chicks.

If you guys were married, engaged, lliving together, or even dating exclusively that would be egregious. If you were dating, that wouldn't be good. Where it's at "a girl that you like" and she's "not talking to you" rather than "my girl friend" who "won't even have dinner" it's not much.

That may be true; but I think Skittles's issue isn't whether he did or did not really stand a chance with this babe. The issue is: he asked his "friend" to back off and give him enough space to have a go at it without interference, and his friend apparently failed to honor that request - thereby betraying the friendship. What, there aren't enough other fish in the sea for that guy without going after the one that he knows Skittles covets? Some friend.

starts trying to make a move on a girl that you like? I mean he's the ladies man and most girls think he's hot so if it comes down to me vs. him I have no chance. It was going well with her for awhile until she stopped talking to me but this probably explains why. Oh and talking to him won't do shit. He gets shady as fuck when it comes to chicks.

If you guys were married, engaged, lliving together, or even dating exclusively that would be egregious. If you were dating, that wouldn't be good. Where it's at "a girl that you like" and she's "not talking to you" rather than "my girl friend" who "won't even have dinner" it's not much.

That may be true; but I think Skittles's issue isn't whether he did or did not really stand a chance with this babe. The issue is: he asked his "friend" to back off and give him enough space to have a go at it without interference, and his friend apparently failed to honor that request - thereby betraying the friendship. What, there aren't enough other fish in the sea for that guy without going after the one that he knows Skittles covets? Some friend.

Precisely, it's more of a trust and respect thing.
Plus he's got like 2 other girls already. :S

Having someone back off so you can have a chance with someone is kind of silly. he went after a woman that was not even yours. He didn't steal or borrow off with a piece of your property.
Rule Number 34234499911 of dating: She is not a piece of meat. She has the same right to life, liberty and happiness as you do.

Are you going to cut your friendship over your dating issue? Do you stop talking to him when he wins a game? Do you tell him not to sink that last basket so you can get ahead? This is dating. You are investing too much emotion in what really is low priority in what matters. That kind of anger should be reserved for real issues of the heart.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Ohh Skittles.....

This is so easy.....
He's supposed to be a friend of yours...
If he had any respect for you he'd find another babe to hit on..... End of story....

Ditch both of them and find better mates to hang with :)

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Ohh Skittles.....

This is so easy.....
If he had any respect for you he'd find another babe to hit on..... End of story....

Skydiving season starts back up in just a few weeks. ;)

See... Problem solved!! B|

You've got all jumping season to find new "winter buddies" :D
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
dudeist skydiver # 19515

Ohh Skittles.....

This is so easy.....

Skydiving season starts back up in just a few weeks. ;)

See... Problem solved!! B|

You've got all jumping season to find new "winter buddies" :D

They can't stand me during the summer. No way will they want to hang out with me during the winter too. :D

Well Hello!

You should really listen some of the more mature guys here. RESPECT is a good thing. Not only towards your friends but to everybody in general.
The way you portray women in your sexist little rant, no wonder that "mostly they just go".

I don't see anything sexist in the remark, but other than that, well said. Definately not polite, but not sexist.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

After much consideration here is my 2 cents.

Sleep with his sister

AND his mother..... :D
dudeist skydiver # 19515

Yup. She seemed interested too until recently and I just found out my friend started talking to her recently.

The classic "cockblock" maneuver.
You've been had.

Some friend
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So you're pissed at a long time Bro for being more aggressive than you and cock blockin' yer fantasy?

He's actually helping you out by saying in a non-verbal way that maybe it's time to hit the nitrous button and move a little faster!

The ladies kinda like a guy that when he sees something he likes, he goes after it...

'Respect', 'Trust', Stepped on your toes'...Boo Fuckin' Hoo.

You can sit on the bench and hope ya don't lose the game, or you can strap on your helmet, get in it and win it.

It a full contact sport Skittles, she's a free agent until you put a rock on her finger...up to YOU to demonstrate you're the bigger, better deal.

He's moved in on your hunting grounds, defend your territory...when you see them together, ask him how the Herpes test came out! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The ladies kinda like a guy that when he sees something he likes, he goes after it...

There you have it. I worked in sales some over the years. You've got to have your goal in mind (date, sex, marriage, whatever your intentions are;)) and close the deal. If you're interested in a girl, let her know in the first 2 minutes of conversation. If she likes you, she'll love that you're so direct. If she doesn't like you, you'll save a lot of time. If she's ready to roll, she'll be glad you're not wasting her time with small talk.

At least that how it was a long time ago. I've been married to Vskydiver for almost 25 years now.B|

Good luck to you.:)