skittles_of_SDC

What do you do when your best friend...

starts trying to make a move on a girl that you like? I mean he's the ladies man and most girls think he's hot so if it comes down to me vs. him I have no chance. It was going well with her for awhile until she stopped talking to me but this probably explains why.

Oh and talking to him won't do shit. He gets shady as fuck when it comes to chicks.

If he doesn't listen I may have to unfortunately. It really sucks too because we've been friends since the 7th grade (9 years). I know that doesn't sound like a lot but thats damn near half my life. We even stopped hanging out for like 6 months or so because him and my other best friend didn't get along for that period of time. But as of late last year we started hanging out again and it's like all 3 of us never missed a beat. That's how good of friends we are/were. [:/]

If he doesn't listen though this will be the second time he has done this. Oh and I even told him right after I met her and it started going good that he better not try anything. At the time he said he wouldn't. >:(

Does -she- know you're interested? If not, it makes no sense that you're sitting here griping to us. If she does and still decides to pursue your friend then she's not the girl for you.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yup. She seemed interested too until recently and I just found out my friend started talking to her recently.

You know, It just may turn out that he may unintentionally be the best friend you will ever have. If she's that easily swayed. She sounds like trouble. Let him deal with her.

this is han solo and i am going to keep you company for the next few hours right here on the Midnight Shift

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I may be wrong as I don't know you... however. are you serious?

Unless this girl is the love of your life/soul mate (which you could not truly know unless you were already together for quite a while) who cares? Would you really cut loose a friend of over half your life because some random chick you have a crush on is more interested in him?

Theres nothing wrong with being pissed off or annoyed... but actually considering dropping him seems a tad dramatic. However, thats only my opinion!

I may be wrong as I don't know you... however. are you serious?

Unless this girl is the love of your life/soul mate (which you could not truly know unless you were already together for quite a while) who cares? Would you really cut loose a friend of over half your life because some random chick you have a crush on is more interested in him?

Theres nothing wrong with being pissed off or annoyed... but actually considering dropping him seems a tad dramatic. However, thats only my opinion!

+1

Dont let women come between you and your bro's...
(unless she's into that kinda thing;))

You said yourself that your buddy is a ladies man. So at best he will probly take a couple of rounds out of her, get bored and move on to the next one.
End of the day, He is still your Bro.

Me and my buddies go by the rule of whoever has the best chance with the girl, get to go for her. In other words the GIRL is going to DECIDE who she wants to be with.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Dont let women come between you and your bro's...
(unless she's into that kinda thing;))

You said yourself that your buddy is a ladies man. So at best he will probly take a couple of rounds out of her, get bored and move on to the next one.
End of the day, He is still your Bro.

Me and my buddies go by the rule of whoever has the best chance with the girl, get to go for her. In other words the GIRL is going to DECIDE who she wants to be with.

You must have missed the part where he said that he'd already been talking to the girl for a while, before his 'bro' moved in on her.

So, being all enlightened and shit, you've got no problems with one of your 'bros' taking Ali back to his tent and tapping it out, right? After all, the GIRL is going to DECIDE who she wants to be with, right?

Fuck that bullshit - it's about RESPECT, and this dude has shown that a piece of ass is of more importance than his "best friend".

With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

As far as Im concerned it up to the girl.

Girls come and go. Mostly they just go.

Obviously she isnt sleeping in skittles bed tonight... Think that says it all.

Dose that mean that his friend shouldnt be able to have a go at her. I say no.

Hell, my younger brother started dating one of my ex girlfreinds, did I get upset? No, he is my fuking brother. He as every right to be as miserable with that bitch as I was.
Have you seen my pants?

this dude has shown that a piece of ass is of more importance than his "best friend".

And my best friends are more important to me than a piee of ass.

I absolutly hate this possesive bullshit.

"Iliked here first, but she dosen't like me... all my friends should support me being rejected by not moving in on her"

FUCK THAT.

So maybe she dosent really like you in that way. So instead you totally remove her from your life. Maybe if you could act mature you would end up with a really good friend in life.
Maybe her and your best friend will end up living happily ever after, but your such a jelous asshole that you cut them both out of your life.

Edited to add: Cuz I just ant resist

Who knows, Maybe Skittles isn't losing his girl, He's just losing his turn:D
Have you seen my pants?

Girls come and go. Mostly they just go.

Obviously she isnt sleeping in skittles bed tonight... Think that says it all.

Dose that mean that his friend shouldnt be able to have a go at her. I say no.

Hell, my younger brother started dating one of my ex girlfreinds, did I get upset? No, he is my fuking brother. He as every right to be as miserable with that bitch as I was.

Bitter much? :S (hint: spellcheck IS helpful)

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Well Hello!

You should really listen some of the more mature guys here. RESPECT is a good thing. Not only towards your friends but to everybody in general.
The way you portray women in your sexist little rant, no wonder that "mostly they just go".

The way you portray women in your sexist little rant, no wonder that "mostly they just go".

:D:D:D

Good point!!!
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Ok, so you don't have a problem with one of your 'bros' tappin it out while you're with her - no problem, then.

Who am I to say she can't. If that what she wants.

Dose that mean that I'm still going to be there when she is done? Hell no.

I'll be havin a beer with my bro on the lookout for the next chapter.
Have you seen my pants?

Ok, so you don't have a problem with one of your 'bros' tappin it out while you're with her - no problem, then.

Who am I to say she can't. If that what she wants.

Dose that mean that I'm still going to be there when she is done? Hell no.

I'll be havin a beer with my bro on the lookout for the next chapter.

Good to know that you think so little of women that you'll still be friends with your 'bro' after he taps out your g/f. "Bros b4 Hos", right?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Is his friend "going after" this girl really a lack of respect? Agreed, if the original poster was like reeeeeeally into this girl and honestly believed shes "the one" then yes its out of order. But most people (and I'm only 24 -- so its not like this kind of behaviour was all that long ago) stopped having a rule that "you can't like him/her because I did first" in high school.

And to the original poster: in over 9 years (or whatever that number was) he has done this to you a grand total of twice. how is this a lack of respect?

Maybe the girl just wasn't that into you. "talking to her" is not: dating, sleeping with her, making life plans. etc etc its "talking" and nothing had come of it to date. So fine, he stepped onto your "territory" but then where is your respect for the girl. You tried. It was taking a while (and maybe she liked you, maybe she didn't) but it seemingly had not gone further. She's allowed to choose someone else, even if it is your "player" friend.

She's allowed to choose someone else, even if it is your "player" friend.

Of course she is. But if he was really a friend, he could have said, "Sorry, but I think my friend likes you and I'm not going to risk my friendship over this." If he is such a player he could've had any other girl.

She's allowed to choose someone else, even if it is your "player" friend.

Of course she is. But if he was really a friend, he could have said, "Sorry, but I think my friend likes you and I'm not going to risk my friendship over this." If he is such a player he could've had any other girl.

Egg-zackly!!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

starts trying to make a move on a girl that you like? I mean he's the ladies man and most girls think he's hot so if it comes down to me vs. him I have no chance. It was going well with her for awhile until she stopped talking to me but this probably explains why.

Oh and talking to him won't do shit. He gets shady as fuck when it comes to chicks.

If a woman that you're dating drops you the minute you're supposedly "hotter" friend talks to her, I think you need to be dating a better class of woman. And probably finding a better class of best friend while you're at it.

You're very young, hopefully as you mature, so will the people you hang out with.:)
We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy.