ltdiver

21 Polo Ponies Down

My heart is just crushed in mourning for these beautiful souls lost today. I can't believe that such a host could be devastated in such a short period of time. Those of us who love these animals are waiting anxiously for the pending results, most likely not due until the end of the week. B|

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-lipony2112675911apr20,0,1516622.story

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

and sport horses are not very edible... [:/]

Hey mister,
You are saying something that is considered really bad here in the US. I am assuming that you just made a culture mistake and are not trying to get people upset with your comment.

I know that eating horse meat is OK in your country, but here it is taboo. It is as bad as eating cat or dog meat.

It is not because there is the idea that something is bad with the meat, but it is because horses here are held in high regard and respected.

They may have 4 legs and hooves like cows do, but horses are not held in the same category here in the US. Many can argue that they are not livestock. Some people in the US hold horses in higher regard than any other animal.

Jeff

Hey mister,
You are saying something that is considered really bad here in the US. I am assuming that you just made a culture mistake and are not trying to get people upset with your comment.

I know that eating horse meat is OK in your country, but here it is taboo. It is as bad as eating cat or dog meat.
Some people in the US hold horses in higher regard than any other animal.

hey people, this is bonfire....
I do understand that horse is NOT food in many places (also think twice before saying you eat cow, it's very taboo in countries over twice as populated as the US of A)
oh and by the way, cats and dogs are also edible in my country (as long as they are not pets) :P (but that's pretty unethical in "good" times)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Horse meat is actualy quite tasty if prepared right. Although i like horses a lot, ride them and actualy own two, I still eat horse steaks.
I think lambs are cute as shit...... but I´ll still eat them. Same goes for several other animals.

Sorry to hear about those horses though :(

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.

and sport horses are not very edible... [:/]

Hey mister,

It is not because there is the idea that something is bad with the meat, but it is because horses here are held in high regard and respected.

They may have 4 legs and hooves like cows do, but horses are not held in the same category here in the US.

I think the real reason we started eating cows, instead of horses, is because horses run faster.....
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I think the real reason we started eating cows, instead of horses, is because horses run faster.....

Well almost true.

We stopped eating horses when we learned how to ride them and use them for chasing other animals down. People don't usually eat their hunting partner.

Then we learned that they are an advantage to have if you are at war. People needed horses to save their own asses.