Muenkel

American Idol throws Kris Allen under the bus.

Tonight was rock night. Alright, not necessarily Kris' genre but with the exception of Adam, he held his own tonight. The only problem was once again the show pimped who they wanted to win. After Adam landed in the bottom two last week, they got nervous. Have no doubt, Adam does deserve to win but in my opinion Kris should be 2nd.

A couple weeks ago, Simon gives an interview to TV Guide stating that only Adam can reach the superstar status of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. Considering the money Adam will make 19 records and the fact that he was in the bottom 2, they needed to act fast. So what do they do? They sabotage Kris tonight. Knowing that rock is not Kris' forte necessarily, they have him first do a duet (I thought this was a solo contest) with Danny right after both Adam and Allison have done their solo performances (the performances we're supposed to vote on.) Then before Adam and Allison's duet (they've already rested from their solos), they give Kris a quick commercial break in which he changed his clothes and had to immediately come out and do his solo (the performance he's to be judged on). This is followed by Danny's solo. Then they close the show with Adam and Allison's duet. Nice long rest for both Adam and Allison.

Both Danny and Kris are the biggest threat to Adam so tonight they each get lousy reviews from the judges. Danny's was a bit more deserved than Kris'.

When folks here claimed that AI was somewhat fixed, I never believed it until tonight.

Take care Kris. I hope you have a successful career. I'm guessing you're going home tonight which IMO is undeserved.

Agreed on all counts.

Also Adam has Gone LAST (Pimp Slot) almost every week and has NEVER gone first (Worst Slot for a contestant) until this week.

Lots of people had noticed this (Along with the special lighting Adam always gets), So this week they know they finally have to make Adam go first.. So what do they do? They create a way so that he can still go last too.:S

I agree that Adam should win. He is the best but the show looses what little credibility they had by doing these manipulative things.

Danny is my least favorite and I wish he would go home tonight but unfortunately it will be Kris or Allison.

I agree... and frankly... I really don't like Adam in the least bit...

I do however like Kris Allen... and am frustrated that he keeps getting thrown under the bus... and actually I kind of liked his song choice... in fact I liked it much better then Danny Gokey's...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Both Danny and Kris are the biggest threat to Adam so tonight they each get lousy reviews from the judges. Danny's was a bit more deserved than Kris'.

Vote For The Worst:

Top 4 Rock Week - Karaoke Gokey Hits the Worst Note in Idol History

Gokey sucked last night...and not just at the end of "Dream On". He should be the one going home. Kris was far better.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

and plus is a paid professional singer, he has been touring with the Cats ensamble.....[:/]

Wicked...not Cats
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

Danny & Kris are just too BLAH for me... :S none of their performances has ever knocked me off my feet - par vocales, par performances, but are the most likeable with the average population so they will get a majority vote.

Adam, yeah he is talented.

but... I'm rooting for Allison all the way! For a 17 year old that girl has a very mature and fantastic voice. She needs some work on her appearance, but overall damn good performer.

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

We also think Adam is a shrieker and are rooting for Allison.

I didn't like how Simon said no one was going to beat Adam's performance last night after he went first. It was like he already had his mind made up. Why bother with the rest of the show? :S

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Last week Adam was in the bottom two with Matt. I wonder who Matt's supporters are likely to gravitate to?

Alison and Danny were safe last week. That surprised me. I think Alison picked up Lil's voters. My theory is that if she can make it to the top two she will beat either Danny or Adam. If Kris goes home tonight as many expect where his voters go will likely determine if Alison makes it to the top 2.

If in the top two:

She will beat Adam because all of Gokey's Christian supporters will vote for her to prevent that homosexual Adam from winning.

She will beat Danny because Adam's supporters will not vote for Gokey for the reverse of the above.

That's my theory anyways!:D

--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Danny & Kris are just too BLAH for me... none of their performances has ever knocked me off my feet - par vocales, par performances, but are the most likeable with the average population so they will get a majority vote.

Adam, yeah he is talented.

but... I'm rooting for Allison all the way! For a 17 year old that girl has a very mature and fantastic voice. She needs some work on her appearance, but overall damn good performer.

And this is fine. This is what AI is supposed to be about. Everyone has different tastes in music. Unfortunately for you though is that AI does not want Allison to win either.>:(

Trust me, there's a bus with her name on it also. Notice the little hint Simon gave last night that Adam may have brought Allison into the final?

We also think Adam is a shrieker and are rooting for Allison.

I didn't like how Simon said no one was going to beat Adam's performance last night after he went first. It was like he already had his mind made up. Why bother with the rest of the show? :S

They do that every single year on this show. The winner was picked a long time ago, even the exit order. The votes really don't matter, its all a scam.

But, I just read that Paula has FINALLY admitted that certain pain medications have affected her behaviour on the show, something she's been flat out denying for years now, as recently as a few weeks ago claiming she's never been drunk and never took pain meds on the show. Did someone finally show her some video of her falling over in her seat, slurring her words and making absolutely no sense? There's a lot to choose from.

Regardless of all the nonsense, from the very begining I thought Adam, Alison and Danny where going to be in the top 3. Those three where the best from the very begining.

I am surprised Chris didn't go home a month ago so I expect him to go home tonight.

As for who wins if you base it on who will be the biggest talent Adam or Alison have the best chance of being an "American Idol" I don't care to much for listening to Adam talk but the kid can fuckin' sing. He made Zepplin his last night. I have heard alot of folks try but no one has ever pulled it off like he did. I was flat out amazed.

I would like to see Alison win it though. She will need alot of help picking the write songs, when she gets it right she is amazing to listen to, when she gets it wrong you just cringe.

Danny should have a pretty amazing career as well. He can sing and has a fan base that is historically pretty loyal. I bet all 4 end up selling a couple million of thier first albums of which 3 of them I am sure to buy:)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

But, I just read that Paula has FINALLY admitted that certain pain medications have affected her behaviour on the show, something she's been flat out denying for years now, as recently as a few weeks ago claiming she's never been drunk and never took pain meds on the show. Did someone finally show her some video of her falling over in her seat, slurring her words and making absolutely no sense? There's a lot to choose from.

You know, it was none of our business even though it has been obvious. It was her choice to come public and I applaud her for having the guts to face it all. I have noticed that this year she has been much more coherent and her critiques made much more sense. Good for her. I applaud her. As of now she has proven she's a survivor and a much stronger person than we have ever given her credit for.

It was obvious. There have been seasons where her behaviour was of more interest than the performances, but still she and the show denied it and flat out lied over and over again. The fact that she has finally admitted to it doesn't take away all the years of lying and denial. Kind of pathetic all around, really.

You are right about one thing- they are throwing Kris under the bus. He'll be the also ran runner up to Adam in the final.