npgraphicdesign

Your favorite Broadway production?

I have never been able to get to New York to see any Actual Broadway productions but plan on changing that this summer.

I have seen the Touring productions of:
Phantom of the Oprah
Wicked
Jesus Christ Superstar
Spamalot
Little Shop of Horrors
Hair
Hairspray

And Countless others as Community Theater Productions.
I have to agree that Phantom of the Oprah was by far the Best..

However at the Moment I have to say my Favorite is Bye Bye Birdie as it opens this Friday Night with my Daughter playing Rose Alvarez at her community Theater.;)

For me it's a tie between Cats and Phantom Of The Opera. Saw the latter last weekend in CT, and man oh man...still have goosebumps from the performance. Andrew Lloyd Webber's music is phenomenal. As the British would say, bloody fantastic show! B|

What's your favorite?

Kind of a toss up between Phantom, Cats, and Les Misérables. That could change this weekend, we're seeing the traveling show of Wicked here in Jacksonville Saturday night.
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

Bringing the Noise, Bringing the Funk
and Stomp were both a GREAT time.

Phantom and Cats were "must see" shows, and fantastic on so many levels. They would be "best" shows.

Loved "Big River" years ago, it was my first, and I suppose I will always have a great place in my heart.

Lion King needs to be mentioned as well...
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

Definitely Phantom, but Lion King was good too. The last one i saw was Sweeny Todd and I was extremly disappointed.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I would have to say Rent, but Phantom of the Opera is definitley second. I have seen them both more than once on Broadway and saw Rent when it was playing in SF. Still would love to see Wicked, but not being in New York I don't get to see Broadway plays as often.

Wicked is a really good show but I thought it was slightly overrated. The general premise of the musical was good but some of the songs fell short. You will have a great time (P.S. it is really good for kids over age 10).

No kids going, thankfully ;) We're combining Wicked with an overnight at the high-end hotel across the street from the symphony hall, a nice dinner, champagne toast in the room, and french-toast in bed the next morning. Happy birthday to my wife ;)

I have really good idea about the premise, I just finished the book a few weeks ago and my wife read it last year.

Looking forward to it!
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

I've never had the opportunity to see a Broadway show but I would like to have seen "West Side Story". I understand that it's being re-made.

Take the opportunity to see (anything) on-Broadway if you get the chance. It's quite amazing. I've see Cats, Phantom, Spamalot, Into the Woods, and Les Mis all on broadway when we lived up north.

From what I heard about the West Side Story remake is that they are doing it half in Spanish which sounds really cool (even though I don't speak Spanish).

I've never had the opportunity to see a Broadway show but I would like to have seen "West Side Story". I understand that it's being re-made.

Take the opportunity to see (anything) on-Broadway if you get the chance. It's quite amazing. I've see Cats, Phantom, Spamalot, Into the Woods, and Les Mis all on broadway when we lived up north.

From what I heard about the West Side Story remake is that they are doing it half in Spanish which sounds really cool (even though I don't speak Spanish).

I've only seen the movie with Natalie Wood and Rita Moreno. The remake has a local girl (Karen Olivo, Lakeland, FL) playing the part of Moreno's character, Anita. I think she is a nominee for a Tony Award which has renewed local interest.

New York Broadway ~ Beauty & the Beast, Phantom of the Opera

some of the traveling shows:
Phantom of the Opera
The Lion King
Wicked

...these are the few shows that I like best!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

The things I've actually seen ON Broadway are kinda limited; I just don't get to New York much. That said I've seen a couple there that were notable.

Sweeny Todd, w/ Angela Lansbury and Len Cariou - 1979
also recently revived in LA in 2008
Phantom of the Opera, w/ Michael Crawford- 1988
also in LA w/ Michael Crawford again in 1989 and later with Robert Guillaume out of morbid curiosity . . . (he was horrible)
Starlight Express - 1987

I've been a member of the Ahmanson in LA for the entirety of my adult life and have pretty much seen every production in the last 30 years. Some great, some not so great. Some headed to Broadway, some just from, some going nowhere fast.

Some of the more interesting stuff seen there I think has been stuff by Matthew Bourne. Swan Lake blew me away.

I also hit up anything "popular" that plays elsewhere around town; Lion King, Wicked (which I thought was extremely good) . . . whatever.

I used to hold up as the all time worst production I've seen as "Nixon in China," but that was surpassed a couple of years ago by "The Black Rider."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Wow. Good question. I have seen many more touring Broadway shows than actual shows on Broadway, but seeing a show on Broadway is quite a treat! These are the Broadway musicals I have seen....

Showboat
Cats
Les Miserables
Phantom of the Opera (5 times?)
Chicago (2 times)
Avenue Q
Mamma Mia
Spamalot
Wicked
Cabaret
A Chorus Line
Rent

And probably a whole bunch of others I can't think of right now. My favorite hands down has always been Phantom. Although I haven't seen it in probably 10 years....:S

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Wow. Good question. I have seen many more touring Broadway shows than actual shows on Broadway, but seeing a show on Broadway is quite a treat! These are the Broadway musicals I have seen....

Showboat
Cats
Les Miserables
Phantom of the Opera (5 times?)
Chicago (2 times)
Avenue Q
Mamma Mia
Spamalot
Wicked
Cabaret
A Chorus Line
Rent

And probably a whole bunch of others I can't think of right now. My favorite hands down has always been Phantom. Although I haven't seen it in probably 10 years....:S

I saw Phantom both times in CT, but the production has been great both times. I saw Cats on Broadway..and i CANNOT believe i forgot The Producers! One of the funniest shows I've ever seen. :D