Nataly

How much is too much??

Ok.. Normally, when people who are dating / married say age doesn't matter, they are talking about a difference of only a couple of years.

But surely at some point an age gap between two people becomes a problem??

What do people think?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

It's sunny - get to the dropzone:P

It's freakin' cold in London and I have no way of *getting* to a dropzone..

Edit: spelling!! :$
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Sorry to hear that.... if you fancy jumping at Sibson some time PM me and I'll pick you up from the station.

Wrap up warm.

P.S Age only matters to the people involved, everyone else can mind their own.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Sorry to hear that.... if you fancy jumping at Sibson some time PM me and I'll pick you up from the station.

Wrap up warm.

P.S Age only matters to the people involved, everyone else can mind their own.

Re the original topic, though, I was thinking from the couple's perspective.. You know.. Just wondering if two people can really have that much in common if there is a big age-gap?
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

10 years between my wife and I, and sure as hell doesn't seem to bother either one of us. It may be a different tune in 40 years or so, but we'll deal with that then...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I'd feel creepy if I were dating someone young enough to be my daughter. Now by that, I mean being 41 and dating someone in her early 20's.

I'd go with a 10 year rule, plus or minus.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I said 5 years, like you said I dont usually have anything greatly in common with someone 5 years age difference from me to be able to sustain a relationship. I especially couldn't date or marry someone that much older than me, I could younger, but at this point the girls would be 16 at 5 years younger than me....and thats just creepy lol.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

I said 5 years, like you said I dont usually have anything greatly in common with someone 5 years age difference from me to be able to sustain a relationship. I especially couldn't date or marry someone that much older than me, I could younger, but at this point the girls would be 16 at 5 years younger than me....and thats just creepy lol.

-Evo

Hmm.. I suppose it's all relative.. A five year gap when you're 16 would be *enormous* in either direction!!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

From the couples point of view I don't think it really matters however when I see a 22 yr old girl with a 60 yr old guy I have to ask myself the reason.

From my point of view, I think the gap is less important as life goes on. As you grow older you grow as a person,figure out who you are and have many more life experiences. All of this can make you more compatable with with a wider age group range.

Quite honestly, I'd never thought of this, but there has been some chemistry between me and this guy I've recently met. This in itself caught me off-guard, because I've been so upset over my breakup last summer..

We were talking and I can't remember how we got on the topic, but I think I asked his age and it turns out there is almost 15 years between us!! I didn't really think much about it at the time, but a couple of days later I'm sitting here wondering if we could really have that much in common given he must have so much more life experience..

Anyway, we've only hung out a couple of times, so it's no use worrying about it at this stage. I suppose it shouldn't matter, and I don't really have a problem with it *per se*, but it kinda made me think, you know?
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I think it doesnt matter..... Some people say they wouldnt or couldnt have anything in common with someone much older than them..... As long as you have a couple things in common you will be fine... I personally dont wanna date anyone who likes alot of the things I do for the fact I like to live my own life and it would seem as I was dating myself..... Im 22 and am currently dating an older women of 28 because she has the qualities I look for in a women... So age doesnt matter if the person has the qualities you are looking for.... And that to say Im one of the pickiest guys when it comes to dating a women.... LOL

Imo, like most things, it depends.

The first time I dated a guy over 50, I was 27 or 28. He was talking about doing his first jump course at Fort Benning before I was born. That caused me – *me,* others may have different responses – to pause when I did the calculation. The fact that *contrary to what he’d told me initially* he really wasn’t divorced from his first wife was what ultimately caused a split. He did treat me _very_ well, but that fact didn’t obviate that he was still married.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

We were talking and I can't remember how we got on the topic, but I think I asked his age and it turns out there is almost 15 years between us!!

So he is still in grammar school?:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The fact that *contrary to what he’d told me initially* he really wasn’t divorced from his first wife was what ultimately caused a split. He did treat me _very_ well, but that fact didn’t obviate that he was still married.

/Marg

Oh that's *awful*.. Poor you, and poor wife.. :( I would be so upset if I found out someone had lied to me like that.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I agree that the older you get, the less it matters. A 10 year difference to a teenager would be a LOT, but a 10 year difference to someone in their 30's wouldn't matter as much. (I voted 10 years by the way!) ;)

And again, its all relative. I think age difference just becomes a gossip topic for those who arent involved in the relationship, but at the end of the day you have to make yourself happy, and if that person is contributing to your happiness, then you shouldnt worry about what others are saying or think about it. Its your life, so live it the way you choose!

On a side note though, I fail to see what Anna Nicole Smith couldve possibly had in common with that frail old man, aside from love of money.... that just grossed me out! But hey, at least he died (hopefully) happy! :)

I am "ROGUE" (III Degree Smutsketeer)
Official "poster above you" thread starter

"And don't forget we like men with balls and no needle dicks. So, basically, you're out." ~LuckyMcSwervy

On a side note though, I fail to see what Anna Nicole Smith couldve possibly had in common with that frail old man, aside from love of money.... that just grossed me out! But hey, at least he died (hopefully) happy! :)

And the rumor is that he was buried as per his last wishes: Face down, between two large pillows.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

We were talking and I can't remember how we got on the topic, but I think I asked his age and it turns out there is almost 15 years between us!!

So he is still in grammar school?:o

I think if you had read further you would have spotted that *I'm* the younger one :P:)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

A Touch Too Much

:Phttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_VkijMWrw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD5Fm6rX5wo

If you remember this song it's too loud, you're too old.:P

Fixed it for ya! ;)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

That's just rude.:P

Rudeness is an affliction of the young!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

No it's not. Ask someone here that thinks they know me.

Maybe you're young at heart ;)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss