Nataly

How much is too much??

Quite honestly, I'd never thought of this, but there has been some chemistry between me and this guy I've recently met. This in itself caught me off-guard, because I've been so upset over my breakup last summer..

We were talking and I can't remember how we got on the topic, but I think I asked his age and it turns out there is almost 15 years between us!! I didn't really think much about it at the time, but a couple of days later I'm sitting here wondering if we could really have that much in common given he must have so much more life experience..

Well, yeah. Personally, I'd have a problem going out with a 20 year old as a 41 year old myself, but if the same age gap is when the woman is 40 and I'm 61, that's not so much a problem as long as the compatibility and love is there. Just my personal feeling.

But hey, as long as I stay married, I don't have to worry about that shit. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

From my point of view, I think the gap is less important as life goes on. As you grow older you grow as a person,figure out who you are and have many more life experiences. All of this can make you more compatable with with a wider age group range.

+1 I agreed. I preferred to be with someone 5-10 years older than me...more experience .... more understanding, to me. Also, men with salt & pepper hair is plain sexy :$!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

I've answered my own question, and it had nothing to do with age.

A big fat FORGET IT.

Still interesting to read comments - thanks.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Here's a simple formula:

Divide the man's age by two. Add 7.

Anything younger than this is creepy.

Examples: 48 year old man. Divided by two = 24. Add 7. He should be with nobody younger than 31.

24 year-old man should be with nobody younger than 19.

36 year old man should be with nobody younger than 25.

It's a fairly simple rule.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

age difference is alot like jump numbers. You cant judge by numbers alone. Just because some guy has 1000 jumps doesnt make him/her a great skydiver, everyones different. nor does it make a 40 year old very responsible and muture or a 21 year very immature and wild. It seems people tend to judge based age as if its a standard and its not. Now before I get hammered on this I wanna say when you go extreme either way like in jump numbers or age it does factor in completely. I would say someone with 10 jumps or 20,000 or 16 vs. 60 there is diffinately no middle ground. but in between like 21 to 40 I can see enough there for compatiblity somehow in between those brackets depending on the cicumstances.
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

Here's a simple formula:

Divide the man's age by two. Add 7.

I use that formula, too; except in my mind it's gender-interchangeable, i.e., works the same if the woman is older.

I concur. ;)

But..... it is acceptable to go lower if the guy is mature/has it together for his age. You don't need any immature tadpoles to fuck things up and cause drama. Who needs that headache? Not me! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.