guppie01

Costco Food/Party Platters

Hey, anyone ever order/eat the Costco platter food?

Having a 16th birthday party for my Step-son with all sides of the family. We are looking at about 35 people, and I'm just too damn lazy to prepare that much food. The party platters from Costco are about the most reasonable (cost wise) so I was thinking of going with those, but wanted to make sure they were palatable.

Ideas / comments welcome!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

We used the ones from Sam's Club for our wedding and they were great! Everyone could munch, and all we had to do was pull extra ones out of the fridge as necessary. Lots of different meats/cheeses/veggies combos to choose from.

Also try checking in the frozen foods for "just defrost" appetizers, those are yummy too.

Jump more, post less!

Thanks so much!

Yeah, definitely checking out the frozen section... the frozen pot stickers are actually quite tasty!

My second choice is Honey Baked Ham platters, but they are about double the price of Costcto. I do know the Honey Baked Ham quality is top notch - I've bought them before.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Costco is my favorite store. In fact, I went there this morning for supplies for my office.

I have always found their food to be very high quality, tasty, and a good value.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Costco does a good job. Their birthday cakes are great deal for what you pay. Never bought the food platters, though. For teenagers, we just do hot dogs, burgers, lots of chips, lots of Mt. Dew. Pretty easy and very cost effective.

We've done a lot of teenager birthday parties.:S:)

And just think, if you stack the sammiches up like a pyramid, it would be like a level 4 climb for you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

We got one of their sushi platters for my niece's junior recital. (She told her parents the night before that a reception after the recital was expected.......:S) I didn't even get any of the sushi- the college kids swarmed the tray and devoured everything! Must have been pretty good!

Their sweet trays with cookies, baklava, etc., are also very tasty!

I imagine if you put in a special order, it would be even better.

Leave it to the 2 above posters to bring a costco platter discussion to a strip club!:)
Thumbs up on the costco platter - we have had one brought to work over the holidays, and they were great.

Doc

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Leave it to the 2 above posters to bring a costco platter discussion to a strip club!:)
Thumbs up on the costco platter - we have had one brought to work over the holidays, and they were great.

Doc

You say that like it's a bad thing.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yeah, this party is just for the family. We are doing a separate party for the teenagers... we are taking them to the indoor go-cart track.

g
OMG, is she okay?

Yeah, this party is just for the family. We are doing a separate party for the teenagers... we are taking them to the indoor go-cart track.

g

WAHOOO love racing around, I know a place in puerta vallarta where they are way faster than any around here! Gotta watch out for the iguannas though.

Yes on the costco platters!!

oh and thanks for the toe sock pic! hee hee I have that pair or one very close you were wearing!! muah
(I.C.D#2 VP)
"<3 ..Looks like breasts coming out of an ice cream cone. Mmmm."~John Mitchell
"I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

WAHOOO love racing around, I know a place in puerta vallarta where they are way faster than any around here

OMG we went to a track in China... INSANE!

Track below, no limits on the go-carts. Bar upstairs, no restrictions on drinking and driving. Fun, but incredibly dangerous once you've had a few drinks under your belt.

I quit after the third race - went from 12th to 3rd place - I realized that I no longer had any fear - very scary!

Oh, and I was racing in heels and a jean skirt. Damn thing kept flapping in my face. :ph34r::ph34r:

The track here is awesome. Carts go up to 50 mph, and they are electric so you don't have to deal with the fumes http://www.mb2raceway.com/thousand_oaks/home.html

Can't wait!

g
OMG, is she okay?

WAHOOO love racing around, I know a place in puerta vallarta where they are way faster than any around here

OMG we went to a track in China... INSANE!

Track below, no limits on the go-carts. Bar upstairs, no restrictions on drinking and driving. Fun, but incredibly dangerous once you've had a few drinks under your belt.

I quit after the third race - went from 12th to 3rd place - I realized that I no longer had any fear - very scary!

Oh, and I was racing in heels and a jean skirt. Damn thing kept flapping in my face. :ph34r::ph34r:

The track here is awesome. Carts go up to 50 mph, and they are electric so you don't have to deal with the fumes http://www.mb2raceway.com/thousand_oaks/home.html

Can't wait!

g

Sweet!! hmmm jean skirt flappin in your face is all I seem to remember out of all that :P
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama