James.UWE

Going to Australia - Help!

Hi,

I've just found out I'm getting a big tax refund as I was over paying last year, so I'm going to Australia for a month in August.

We're flying into Sydney, picking up a rental camper van and driving to Brisbane to meet up with a friend.

We're going to have the van for 6 days, and want to stop of at some cool places on the way to Brisbane.

Where would you recommend going? The only 2 places we have planned already are Byron Bay and Surfers Paradise, which are both near Brisbane anyway!

We're on tight budget so cheap or free is good!

Good Lord man!
That's where Squeak lives!!!!
Be careful!!!
:D:D:D

seriously...ask him, he's rather world traveled, he should be able to hook you up.;)B|

He's Safe I'll be in Soth Africa then:D:D

OK from Sydney to Brissy, you will be better off taking the coast road, loads of small towns along the way and some larger ones.

Check out Sydney and it's beach and Harbour area before you leave.

Coff Harbour is a good place to stop in at also.

But if you are into partying then Balina, Byron Bay, Lismore/Nimbin, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast. Brisbane.

If you are Jumping, Byron Bay had a good DZ with spectacular views from height.:)
Enjoy, but 4 weeks is NO WHERE near long enough
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hijack!

Where in SA are you gonna be? If you're coming to the winelands (around Cape Town), gimme a shout :)

Will be in CT :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yay, Aussie-Land!

I've been in Australia since December... love it! Before you head off on your road trip, come to Sydney Skydivers and do some jumps with us out of the SkyVan (it's awwwwesome!).

The DZ has a shopfront in downtown Sydney, and there's usually a bus that leaves from there to the DZ every day. Just give them a call and see if you can catch a ride.

Happy Adventuring!! B|

I'm hoping to get a few jumps in if I can, problem is I fractured my kneecap and ruptured some ligaments while in Perris in April and I'm still not jumping. Hopefully the physio will pay off and I'll be ready in time!! If not, then I may pop in for a few beers after jumping?!

How much is gear hire / jump tickets? I'm not going to bring a rig as we only have a 20kg luggage allowance!