d_squared431

If you smelled.....

MUCH prefer to be told. I'm big on grooming, though. Some people don't think it's as big a deal.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

and didn't realize how bad you smelled would you want someone to tell you, or would you find that to be rude?

Got a stinky patient today? ;)

I don't think it's rude to nicely tell someone they need a breathmint or a shower.

Yes, I'd appreciate someone telling me.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

We just had a smeller come in the office. I hate stinky smelly patients! I would much rather deal with the nut jobs than the smellers..:|

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

and didn't realize how bad you smelled would you want someone to tell you, or would you find that to be rude?

Got a stinky patient today? ;)

I don't think it's rude to nicely tell someone they need a breathmint or a shower.

Yes, I'd appreciate someone telling me.

This was the 2nd worst smelly patient I have had to smell and i have been forced to work with some smelly patients. It is pretty bad when I am looking for my vicks vapor rub to stuff in my nose.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

I deal with some coworkers from another country. For whatever reason they don't believe in brushing their teeth. They smoke and drink coffee all day long. You can smell them when they walk in and all you can do is prevent yourself from gagging. They are of belief that their country is superior to ours so I don't think they would take any suggestions... just like my job.
I maybe be bitter...

Bry...this is coming from a coffee friend...put your big boy panties on so you don't get all pissified and cry in your coffee...

You smell like shit....I can smell you all the way from here...do something about that man!!:ph34r:

...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

:D:D
yeah thanks.....:P
and with this thread title.....hundreds of jumpsuits around the world are being washed today, including mine!:D

:D:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

God, I'd be so embarrassed, but I'd want to know.

Don't think I've ever had the courage to tell someone else that they stink.. Usually, when I have to work with someone who has smelly breath I just take a piece of gum for myself and offer them some as well.. It's just a shame that not everyone takes the piece of gum :S[:/]

If offered I think it's a good idea to take the breath-mint or gum.. Maybe the person is just being nice, but there's always a chance that they're too embarrassed to tell you your breath reeks!!

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Any obvious reasons for the smelliness? What was the rest of the patient's presentation? Unkempt appearance? Other indicators of poor socioeconomic status? Or, did they have workout clothes on and might have just come from the gym?

There may be a reason they can't shower. OTOH, they may just be fucking clueless and need a wake up call.

Elvisio "game time decision" Rodriguez

Any obvious reasons for the smelliness? What was the rest of the patient's presentation? Unkempt appearance? Other indicators of poor socioeconomic status? Or, did they have workout clothes on and might have just come from the gym?

There may be a reason they can't shower. OTOH, they may just be fucking clueless and need a wake up call.

I'm not sure "just coming from the gym" counts.. Fresh sweat isn't smelly.. It's old sweat that gathers bacteria and is stinky..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I'm not sure "just coming from the gym" counts.. Fresh sweat isn't smelly.. It's old sweat that gathers bacteria and is stinky..

According to discovery channel, a guy that is freshly sweaty - is more attractive to a chick.

How did they test this -

HEH - they rubbed sweat from guys pits under the chickas noses.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I did it once. She was grateful that I cared enough to mention it, but well aware of the issue. Turns out that she was violently allergic to some anti-smell stuff, and the rest just didn't work. Hot days were hell.

She was saving up for the (elective) surgery to have some of the apocrine glands in her armpits removed.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This woman had that sweaty, mildew, BO, cat piss or human piss smell. On top of that she had the 2nd worse ulcers/infection on her legs I have seen. I have seen some infections that were so sever amputation was the only solution.
No matter how much I sprayed and cleaned that room I could not get that odar out. I had to call for the cleaning crew to come early. That is how bad it was. But this was not the smelliest of smelly patients I have worked with.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

I did it once. She was grateful that I cared enough to mention it, but well aware of the issue. Turns out that she was violently allergic to some anti-smell stuff, and the rest just didn't work. Hot days were hell.

She was saving up for the (elective) surgery to have some of the apocrine glands in her armpits removed.

Wendy P.

My very good friend has terrible breath and she's the biggest neat-freak I know. She knows about the problem, is very self-conscious about it, and has tried everything under the sun but nothing seems to work.. This is why I'm always afraid to say something..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

You mean, like, if they had social skills?

Geez... I get crap all the time from my friends.

Too much cologne, home interior stuff, hair style.
I'm a work-in-friggin-progress for people.

If I smelled bad , it would be an opportunity to abuse me.
I wouldn't last a minute.

Acceptable place to be smelly?
The dz in Florida in August - everyone is sweaty by 9am.

Everyone must put out 3 gallons of sweat by 2pm.

I can just see one of those CSI guys checking out my suit.
From everyone either taking grips or a quick hug on the
way by, I'm a walking DNA collection point.