turtlespeed

I'm scared . . . I'm white knuckle posting . . .

. . . Sitting Shotgun as my Permitted Daughter drives me up to Dallas. I think if I just read the forums I'll not get the jitters as bad.

Any suggestions?

Yes - I mean for keeping calm and not freaking out.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Been there, done that; have all the t-shirts. Just keep thinking to yourself, "I'm going to die...I'm going to die...I'm going to die..." ... and then when it doesn't happen, won't you feel great!

If you're nervous as hell, it will show itself in the demeanor of your supervising style, which will make the kid more nervous, which will affect her performance, which will make you nervous...well, you get the picture.

Think of supervising your kid as a student jumper first learning how to stay stable in freefall: RELAX.

P.S. - there is one other way: some people tend to be a lot tougher and less patient supervising their own kid's driving than they would teaching someone else's kid. If you're that kind, find a friend or relative who is also teaching his kid to drive, and make a deal with them: he will teach your kid, and you will teach his kid.

P.P.S - I like the booze idea, too.

If you're nervous as hell, it will show itself in the demeanor of your supervising style, which will make the kid more nervous, which will affect her performance, which will make you nervous...well, you get the picture.

I was watching, just pretend posting.;)

Two close calls a couple illegal lane changes and wide turn - but we lived.

Jack Daniels is my friend right now.

All said and done, it's good, she did well on her first big city driving adventure.
Dallas is a "sink or swim" experiance.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

(I'm guessing here.... but who taught her to drive? Was it you? Maybe THAT should scare you. :P:P)

Cut me wide and deep!

(I'm guessing here.... but who taught her to drive? Was it you? Maybe THAT should scare you. :P:P)

Cut me wide and deep!

It's a pain that I know too well.

I took lil Marts girlfriend out for the day today... and heard "so THAT'S where he gets that!" :o:oB|

I had a friend that needed to learn how to drive but never got the opportunity. She was 21 or 22 at the time and lived a hard-scrabble life with a boozer of a mom.

I must have done good as she never scared me (not quite sure what to make of that, given my reputation), but she passed her driving test with flying colors, using MY car. :)
Of course, fear is a totally different ball game when it's your own daughter, as I'll find out in 12 short years. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

For a true experience- teach her to drive a standard shift;)

Absolutely ! She'll put the boys to shame and be able to drive anything. I've taught my wife, our daughters, and maybe half a dozen of the kids' friends to drive stick and especially the kids attain a kind of ninja status for it.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

For a true experience- teach her to drive a standard shift;)

Absolutely ! She'll put the boys to shame and be able to drive anything. I've taught my wife, our daughters, and maybe half a dozen of the kids' friends to drive stick and especially the kids attain a kind of ninja status for it.

LOL The reason my car was always being taken away. Racing the boys at lunch time. :):ph34r:
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Off subject but -

Turtle - when are you coming back to the Farm??!! I'll make sure I'm there for it.

Hey D! I dunno - I'm going to need a vacation after this project is finished. I think I'll maybe take it in Georgia.