Bibliophile

Be careful what you say on Facebook!

A friend sent me this. Made me laugh because he also happens to be an employee. Makes me think I should add all my employees as Facebook friends. ;)

http://thedw.us/post/159252414/facebook-fun-of-the-day-um-oops-via
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

LOL!!!! How stupid to post something like that on Facebook.

True story ... one of my UK employees notified me via Facebook wall post that the e-mail server is down in EU. Umm ... mixing work and Facebook is a bad idea. I have since removed from my profile all the people that are in my chain of command (up or down).

O

Ah ha ha!! SOO funny!!

Doubt if it's real, but can one really be fired for saying something like that on a social network? I'm asking because obviously I post stuff about my gay/pervy/wanker/boss all the time on there!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Ah ha ha!! SOO funny!!

Doubt if it's real, but can one really be fired for saying something like that on a social network? I'm asking because obviously I post stuff about my gay/pervy/wanker/boss all the time on there!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

'
depends on where you are. Here in california, employment is "at will" until you reach executive level and get a contract. Meaning you can quit and they can fire you for any or no reason.

Though the employer would have a great case for insubordination
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

Ah ha ha!! SOO funny!!

'
depends on where you are. Here in california, employment is "at will" until you reach executive level and get a contract. Meaning you can quit and they can fire you for any or no reason.

Though the employer would have a great case for insubordination

Unfortunately it's pretty hard to fire people over here.. Even when they're clearly incompetent, you have to follow very strict guidelines to give them a chance to prove they can do it.. You have to provide extra training and opportunities, and coaching, and be supportive and helpful.. ARRRGH! It's strange in a way, because people don't sue very often, so in a way there is little incentive to follow the rules.

I once had someone who reported into me and another person.. It came to a point where this employee mostly sat around on Facebook and wasn't even remotely doing any aspect of her job.. I took her out for a coffee and told her she wasn't performing - she seemed unhappy with the job.. Thankfully she said yes, she hated it.. I said "well, you know sometimes a job just doesn't suit us - there's no shame in that".. She told me all about how she hated the role and begged me to let her go. I "regretfully" obliged :)
Her replacement was AWSOME B|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Unfortunately it's pretty hard to fire people over here.. Even when they're clearly incompetent, you have to follow very strict guidelines to give them a chance to prove they can do it.. You have to provide extra training and opportunities, and coaching, and be supportive and helpful..

That sounds exactly like what we do in the federal government workplace, where I've worked 25 years. There's some real slackers making the same pay as me, or more, and doing very little work.

It's easier in the private sector in our country to fire someone. You just have to make sure it wasn't discrimination. What you describe in England is what many of us fear being adopted over here.[:/]

The funny thing was that she forgot that she had already added her boss as a "friend", therefore, he would see her ranting post.

I vote fake. Funny, but fake.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

The funny thing was that she forgot that she had already added her boss as a "friend", therefore, he would see her ranting post.

I vote fake. Funny, but fake.

I vote real.

With all the stupid people out there (and there are plenty), I think you'd have to be naive to believe that this hasn't happened.

Want proof that people do stupid stuff like that? Of course, you do. B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Z2x4SClaE

"Two Dominos Pizza workers are fired and facing criminal charges after posting a video on YouTube that showed the employees doing disgusting things with pizza toppings." :S
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

theres one knocking about with a guy emailing his boss saying he was really sick and couldnt come into work and after an exchange of emails with the boss not fully convinced otherwise blah blah blah, the boss sends a screenshot of the employees FB profile with his mind settings saying that he was horribly hungover lol
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

theres one knocking about with a guy emailing his boss saying he was really sick and couldnt come into work and after an exchange of emails with the boss not fully convinced otherwise blah blah blah, the boss sends a screenshot of the employees FB profile with his mind settings saying that he was horribly hungover lol

pfft since when does a hangover not count as sick? ; p
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

Ah ha ha!! SOO funny!!

Beware! More than one person has had serious problems at work over what they have posted here.

pfft since when does a hangover not count as sick? ; p

ah but the rest of it included how horriobly drunk he was the night before as well lol. ive been hungover in work before though it doesnt help that the place I work in is a bar that i will have been drinking in the night before lol
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

Ah ha ha!! SOO funny!!

Beware! More than one person has had serious problems at work over what they have posted here.

PhillyKev is the one that jumps out the most to me

Ah ha ha!! SOO funny!!

First off, this forum is not accessible at my workplace - and rightly so. I also think Facebook should be banned. IMO, people are paid to *work*. Obviously, for some jobs it may be perfectly fine to pass the time this way, but I don't think anyone in our entire building can claim this is the case except possibly the night security guard.

As for getting in trouble for putting something on here.. Well, let's just say my boss would probably find my above comment funny, since I sent him the link to this "facebook post" & said - "does that mean you're gonna fire me too?!!" :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Ah ha ha!! SOO funny!!

First off, this forum is not accessible at my workplace - and rightly so. I also think Facebook should be banned. IMO, people are paid to *work*. Obviously, for some jobs it may be perfectly fine to pass the time this way, but I don't think anyone in our entire building can claim this is the case except possibly the night security guard.

As for getting in trouble for putting something on here.. Well, let's just say my boss would probably find my above comment funny, since I sent him the link to this "facebook post" & said - "does that mean you're gonna fire me too?!!" :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Its not just the people you work with. Just sayin.

Ah ha ha!! SOO funny!!

Its not just the people you work with. Just sayin.

Dude.. I was attempting to use sarcasm to point out the stupidity of the post allegedly made by this girl.

If I have a beef with someone, I prefer the old-fashion face-to-face civilised "conversation". Not only do both parties get to discuss their point of views, but there is the added benefit of "communication", which I find helps you to understand where the other person is coming from.. My facebook posts are usually something like "Natalie... has just baked fresh scones - yummy!!" :)
Lighten up! :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss