longtall

fresh tomatoes

Mine are still Green:(

Y'all Brits never hear'd of fried green duh-maters? I was driving around aimlessly this morning and found myself in Tampa. While I was there I had to stop by Cacciatore's and pick up a pound and a half of pecorino romano. I stopped at a bakery and bought a couple of loaves of cuban bread. By the time I got home half a loaf of bread and at least a quarter pound of the cheese were gone. A couple of tomato slices and a little basil would have made a nice sammich. Think I'll make me one for dinner.:)

Oooh, oooh! Fried, green tomatoes. YUMMY!!

My favorite! With a sweet-spicey pepper sauce. No comparison!

I encourage people to play with spices, herbs & peppers. I can create a "buffalo-style" seasoning/sauce for just about anything and it be completely vegan but not lacking in satisfaction. :)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I bought some beautiful plum tomatoes at the farmers market today, made some fresh salsa, am smoking a few, and have some in the over roasting!
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

remember the movie Fried Green Tomatoes? It was based on The Whistlestop Cafe restaurant in Irondale, next to Birmingham, just a short drive down the interstate from my home.

I've had it several times, but not in that restaurant.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

remember the movie Fried Green Tomatoes? .
damn billy don't tell me you actually sat down and watched that sappy ass chick flick. say it ain't so ........:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

remember the movie Fried Green Tomatoes? .
damn billy don't tell me you actually sat down and watched that sappy ass chick flick. say it ain't so ........:P

Hell no, I just remember some trivia about it in the local newspaper.

About the only movie worth watching with that ugly actress (whatshername) in it was Misery, as well as another Stephen King story she was in. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

remember the movie Fried Green Tomatoes? It was based on The Whistlestop Cafe restaurant in Irondale, next to Birmingham, just a short drive down the interstate from my home.

Of course I remember the movie. It's what inspired me to learn how to cook them. They looked and sounded so good. I could almost smell them through the screen. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

misery was a good flick. what was that broads name ? kathy bates???

bingo! great actor though. She absolutely nailed that Misery part.

Who knew a broad could be so deadly accurate with a sledgehammer? B|

One of my FAVORITE snack dishes is a salsa fresca with cilantro:

In a large bowl combine two eight-ounce packages cherry tomatoes (preferrably organic)--halved or quartered if large, 1/2 finely chopped, small red onion, 1 chopped small green bell pepper, 1 minced serrano chili, 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (preferrable organic), 1/3 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Toss. I eat it as is. Some people use it as a topping for a spicey white fish dish or eat alone with corn chips.

SO tasty!

I love tomatoes!

And I love tomatillos which are in season now.

Here is a great recipe from one of my favorite chefs, Rick Bayless, for a tomatillo salsa.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Y'all Brits never hear'd of fried green duh-maters? I was driving around aimlessly this morning and found myself in Tampa. While I was there I had to stop by Cacciatore's and pick up a pound and a half of pecorino romano. I stopped at a bakery and bought a couple of loaves of cuban bread. By the time I got home half a loaf of bread and at least a quarter pound of the cheese were gone. A couple of tomato slices and a little basil would have made a nice sammich. Think I'll make me one for dinner.:)

Replace the Romano with soft Mozzarella (from Fiore's (www.fioresdeli.com/) in Hoboken, NJ please), then add a bit of extra virgin to the bread/tomato/basil, & I'm there! ;)
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

If you go there, avoid the barbecue. :)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?