SkydiveStMarys

When using a public bathroom

I spent 3 months of 1998 in Guanajuato, Mexico (dead center of the country...not like Puerta Vallarta or Cancun). While traveling on weekends, I saw and visited places, that if they were in the US, the US gov't would have shut down the whole town and the National Guard would have been called out.

In Guanajuato, which was considered a rather wealthy city because of it's silver mines, you'd be lucky if the toilet actually had a seat to sit on. So I learned to squat rather well, especially when drunk. It was either "squat or fall in".

After having that perspective on the world, I now say "fuck it!". At least it's running water.

You'd think somebody would have invented some kind of bio-attachment by to allow women to pee standing up so they could use urinals like the rest of us and not have to worry about this. Hey, who was that guy who posted about the patent process the other day? Hmm...

I read in another thread long ago here I think where the women who "hovered" were told by other women that they "hovering" only makes the problem worse.

Regardless.. if I have to sit down... I do a wipe down of the seat and go for it. Unless, of course, the seat is so nasty it doesn't even warrant entry into the stall.

I wipe the toilet seat off, THEN I lay a couple folds of toilet paper to cover the seat before I sit down. Then after I'm done, I flush with my shoe.

I'm anal that way... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I wipe the toilet seat off, THEN I lay a couple folds of toilet paper to cover the seat before I sit down.

Ever use those ass gaskets? You know, the protective shield thingies. We have those at work.

I use them when available.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I wipe the toilet seat off, THEN I lay a couple folds of toilet paper to cover the seat before I sit down. Then after I'm done, I flush with my shoe.

Been there... done that! There's some restrooms I've been in where, I'd be afraid to touch the toilet paper. I've been in a lot of public restrooms where folks throw the 'used' paper in the corner by the comode! Is that some kind of 'Re-Cycle' thing?[:/]

Chuck

Been there... done that! There's some restrooms I've been in where, I'd be afraid to touch the toilet paper. I've been in a lot of public restrooms where folks throw the 'used' paper in the corner by the comode! Is that some kind of 'Re-Cycle' thing?[:/]

Chuck

Only in Texas. :D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

You'd think somebody would have invented some kind of bio-attachment by to allow women to pee standing up so they could use urinals like the rest of us and not have to worry about this. Hey, who was that guy who posted about the patent process the other day? Hmm...

It exists. It's called the 'freshette'.

www.freshette.com/

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Chuck

Only in Texas. :D

Ain't it!:D:D

Chuck