Faicon9493

Bev Suits

Speaking to a seamstress who works on them and talking to friends who jump them. The comments are that they are GREAT. But that the seams are engineered poorly and have a tendancy to blow out.
I am looking at one too but so you know all suits have some issue or another. None are perfect but some individual suits are.
Chris

I know a few people who have Bev suits, they are good looking suits but I've seen more than a few that have had the seams blow out, it wasn't like the people got large after they got the suit either. It does seem as if there is a problem with the suits seams blowing out and its usually in the same place, on the side of the suit.

My team is using Bev suits and I have to say I really like mine, I have two now and no problems whatsoever
with either one related to workmanship.
They both came out of the box ready to go which all the other suits I have owned were not, the only problem I've had so far was my fault when I ordered a smaller camera wing than usual and I have to dig in a bit to stay above my 8 way teamies. Get two.

Speaking to a seamstress who works on them and talking to friends who jump them. The comments are that they are GREAT. But that the seams are engineered poorly and have a tendancy to blow out.
I am looking at one too but so you know all suits have some issue or another. None are perfect but some individual suits are.

I still jump my 10 year old Bev Suit for AFF jumps. I has about 1,000 jumps on it, has had the sleeve cut to accomodate an IV, I've gained 20 lbs since I started jumping (all muscle, I'm sure)....

....and I have NEVER had a seam blow out. I've also sold my fair share of Bev suits, and my customer saticfaction on her products is 100%.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

....and I have NEVER had a seam blow out. I've also sold my fair share of Bev suits, and my customer saticfaction on her products is 100%.

I have 3 Bevsuits and none of them has had a seam fail. Perhaps those who have, have put alot of tunnel time on their suit. I've seen -alot- of damage to many different manufacture's suits after hours in the tunnel.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I just had a knee seam give on my new (since January) Bev suit.
A little tunnel time when I was in Perris, and about 50 jumps. One thing, though, is that I do pack for myself, and I just take the top part of my jumpsuit off (i.e. the legs are still on). My suit is not particularly tight in the legs.
I fixed it (just not enough stitching I think). But I liked the attachment of the grippers on my old suit better (with the external tape, rather than all inside). The old jumpsuit (a very old Bev) was bullet proof.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm definitely another satisfied bev suit customer. I dunno if the problems mentioned above are specifically related to the majik style suit or what. I've had my Bev competition suit since I was a student, so I have over 400 jumps on mine. I nearly always pack in it too. The lower legs were replaced over 200 jumps ago because I had bev add booties. No problems at all with mine, and I've definitely had some less than perfect landings. As a student, I was dragged a bunch of times. I've been picked up by my grippers on multiple occasions and thrown out of the plane. And I must have 4 or 5 hours of tunnel time, all in that suit. I don't have a huge number of jumps on the booties, but they're still almost like new even though I abuse them (Walk in them a lot, leave em flopping when I take them off, didn't protect them with anything, etc). And the suit is still in great shape.

I got a gift certificate for $195 off a new bev suit last winter. I figured I'd wait until later this season to buy a new one. Thought my old suit would be getting worn out and I'd have a better idea of what I might need in a suit than I did when I bought this one as a student. But it's still in such good shape and works so well for me, I can't decide what to get. The only change I know I'll make is getting inside leg grippers. Aside from that, I'm gonna feel pretty silly ordering a pretty much identical suit. But I've gotta do what I've gotta do... :)
Dave

I have two Bev suit and haven't had a problem with the one that is six plus years old. I did have to send in my pink JFTC Bev suit that I wore in the tunnel and blew out the bootie. I sent it to Bev and had it back in no time. Customer service is great.

Maybe the seams blow out cause the jumpes are putting too much stress on them. After all, it's only thread and material.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

But that the seams are engineered poorly and have a tendancy to blow out.

Huh. I have a BevSuit that I basically treat like crap and its held up. A good number of BevSuits at my DZ that hold up. Now I've seen Tony Suits, BodySport and others blow apart, too.

Moral of the story:

Its a good suit, every suit manufacture has a suit that has blown up, buy the one you like, the one you can afford and go jump it until you can't fix it anymore.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have two. I bought one used when i first started and the only thing ever to go wrong with it was a broken zipper pull on the front. Not really a big deal with a 6 year old suit. The other one was a team suit that i got three years ago. When i pulled it out of the box one of the snaps on the booties fell off. The stitching on the forearm zippers came out on all four team suits and i blew out a seam on the outer thigh. This was after about 100 jumps on the suit. I am thinking that the seam issue may be the mix of materials. Everywhere we had seams go was where two different types of materials were sewn together. I am overall very happy with both suits and would buy another one if i was in the need for one.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I've got one and love it, it's held up fine for me. I've seen quite a few of them have seams blow out, but I've also seen quite a few of them that have held up great. Overall, the quality is good and the functionality is great! I love the Majik style grippers and booties.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I have a Bev suit and absolutely love it. It is very comfortable and fits me really well. I have found it to be very durable so far, I don't have that many jumps on it, probably about 150, but it still looks brand new.
I will definately buy another. :)

I love my Majik suit. The booties in particular. The one thing I would suggest is having Bev ad a stirup to the suit, as i don't think the majik suit comes with them.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

So it is clear my comment was never that the Quality sucks but rather that the seams were the weakest point in the design. Each suit has a weak point. Many of them are subjective and all are specific to each suit.
I like the design and the construction. I want one.
Chris

I love my Majik suit. The booties in particular. The one thing I would suggest is having Bev ad a stirup to the suit, as i don't think the majik suit comes with them.

Do you mean the stirup for the bootie? It's been a few years since I ordered a new suit, but both my jumpsuits have stirups.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Do you mean the stirup for the bootie? It's been a few years since I ordered a new suit, but both my jumpsuits have stirups.

I asked for the elastic stirrup/strap when I ordered my Majik suit and Bev was glad to accomodate. Just mention it and she'll do it. :D

I'm a newbie, so have no real basis for comparison between mine and a student jumpsuit. However two of us at the DZ with fairly new Bev Suits (mine has 60ish jumps on it, his is newer) have problems with one zipper unzipping on the booties. It is always my right bootie (his left) and it really does screw up how you fly. Still haven't figured out what to do about it, but I am considering sending it back to have that zipper replaced.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Yes, it appears the Majik suit does not come with them. However, many people don't want them sooo just ask if you like them added.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I love my Majik style Bevsuit. The booties work great. I have put almost 2000 jumps and around 20 hours of tunnel time on it. No problems with seams blowing out. I recently had to replace the zipper and repair the booties because of normal wear. To protect the booties and make them last a lot longer, you should definitely put shoe goo on them. Also, if you pack with the suit on, make sure you get cordura knees.

And at least one of them have been replaced with "Sparky" elastic.:)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I love Sparky elastic. Heck you have seen my jumpsuit, it's not in that bad of shape for all the jumps and years I've had it. But, it is getting close to the time to order another one.