skittles_of_SDC

piercing question

My friend got his punched out with a circular scalpel. Basically a cookie cutter at a 0 gauge size. I was going to get it done right after him, until I saw it being performed. :o I would NOT recommend it.

You could pierce and stretch, which is also not recommended. I think most piercers should be willing to start you out with an 8 gauge.

My friend got his punched out with a circular scalpel. Basically a cookie cutter at a 0 gauge size. I was going to get it done right after him, until I saw it being performed. :o I would NOT recommend it.

You could pierce and stretch, which is also not recommended. I think most piercers should be willing to start you out with an 8 gauge.

I believe what you are thinking of is called a dermal punch. They are designed to be used for biopsies. I considered that but then figured if I ever wanted to take the jewelery out and let it heal back up that wouldn't be an option. I think I'll start at 8 or maybe 6 if it's possible and stretch my way up to a 1/4" or 1/2".

getting punched removes the skin that you are going to want to stretch later. You can definatly start with an 8G and stretch your way up. If you want to make the progression easier make it a habit of pulling on your ears, manually stretching the piercing. That way you dont need to actuually tear the skin when you go up to a bigger size. don't try and go too big to fast, again this can cause tear in the skin and scarring. I would say a year is a good timeline to go from an 8G to 1/2"
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Cool. Thanks for the info. The reason I want to start bigger is because, like you said, I want to stretch safely. If I start at a 14 it'd take 3-6 months to stretch safely from what I've read, so I may as well shave off as long as I can. What I've been reading has said wait at least 2 months between each stretch and don't go up more than one gauge at a time. I've also seen pictures of blowouts that occurred from people trying to stretch too fast and that's a good deterrent.

Oh yeah another question for you. Have you ever been pierced by a large needle and how much does it hurt? I know you can't really compare a tattoo to a piercing (I used to have a labret) but if you had to say which would you say hurt more: a large gauge piercing or getting tattooed on say the collar bone (mine is ribs but i hear they are similar).

Ya 2 months ad one size is a pretty standard progression. Myself I just went a size larger whenever I lost my jewelry. It starts getting exspensive when you get into the larger stuff. Rememer to stretch your lobes yourself by pulling on them, this dose make a huge difference. Sometime you can jump 2 sizes with out having to use a taper to get the jewelry in.
Have you seen my pants?

Largest piercing ive ever had was a 12gauge. I've heard that larger guages hurt more, whick makes sense. with an 8g you are definatly cutting some skin out whereas a 20g your just making a hole.

I find if the person doing the piercing is good at what they do you only have a second of sharp pain, some areas the pain is more intense than others but its usually over pretty quickly. With tattoos I find anyone could deal being stuck by those needles for a second. It's the being poked by those little needle millions of times for hours on end that hurts.

But really.... if your worried about how much its going to hurt you should just harden the fuck up!
Have you seen my pants?

But really.... if your worried about how much its going to hurt you should just harden the fuck up!

:D:D

Noted. I'm not really worried about it I've just had enough pain in the past 18 months to last for like 5 years. :D
Honestly breaking my leg didn't hurt as bad as being tattooed on my ribs but post surgery hurt WAY more... speaking of I almost forgot I have 2 percs left. :P

Dude.. don't take drugs for piercings. They kill the buzz of adrenaline and endorphines you get after. I would honestly compare the way I feel after getting pierced to the way I feel after doing a jump.

When Im getting pierced I take 3 slow deep breaths and as I'm exhaling on the 3rd thats when I get poked, continuing to exhale as they push the needle thru. Works great.
Have you seen my pants?

oh ya, something else to consider when going to a larger size. Will the jewelry fit under your skydiving helmet?

With one helmet it drives my piercings into my neck and its veru uncomfortable and with another I can wear them just fine because of the hollows around the ears. just something to keep in mind.

I usually remove mine when jumpin anyway.
Have you seen my pants?

I'm a piercing whuffo so here are my questions.

1) Which ear means you're gay, or doesn't it matter these days?
2) How many holes do you need before your girlfriend thinks YOU are high maintenance?
3) Why would a guy INCREASE personal maintenance?
4) Are you trying to attract women who like high maintenance guys or are you trying to attract guys that like guys that look like high maintenance women?
5) Wufffo you put holes in your head?

edit: Oh yea one last question: Why does the piercing go UP when the chute opens?:S

I'm a piercing whuffo so here are my questions.

1) Which ear means you're gay, or doesn't it matter these days?
2) How many holes do you need before your girlfriend thinks YOU are high maintenance?
3) Why would a guy INCREASE personal maintenance?
4) Are you trying to attract women who like high maintenance guys or are you trying to attract guys that like guys that look like high maintenance women?

edit: Oh yea one last question: Why does the piercing go UP when the chute opens?:S

1--neither, haha.
2--approximately 8.
3--it dosent after a few months when they are fully healled
4--something like that.
5--feels good.

not a clue.

getting pierced with an 8ga is nothing too extreme and any reputable shop should be able to do it fint. i have lots of friends with initial 8ga piercings, itll sting for a second or 2, but since there arent very many nerves in a lobe your ok, its nothing close to bad. there are tons of places that would be alot worse.

as far as stretching, i say a year froma 8ga to 1/2'' is a little fast. wait at least 2 months between stretches, more if necessary. listen to your body, stretching should NEVER hurt, yes there will be a litttle pressure, but not a stabbing unbearable pain. if you meet alot of resisitance then its probably too early. there should NEVER EVER EVER be any blood involved, this means you ripped your lobe, increasing your chances of a blowout, and scar tissue formation.

when youre going to stretch, alot of people find it best to take a HOT shower take out youre existing piercing, massage your lobes and slide your new jewlery from the back to the front. in THEORY this helps reduce blowouts at larger sizes, but its not been proven, so do it if you want, it cant hurt.

another thing that can help is to massage youre lobes with either emu or vitimin E oil. you can pick up a bottle at walmart in the health and beauty section. this will help keep your lobes healthy and happy.

if you have any other questions post them up.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

5--feels good.

You gotta be shittin' me. Sounds like masochism to me.:S

I know styles come and go, and I'm way old school, and there are a lot of piercings I like. I just think the long term gauges and permanent holes and dangling loose earlobes are not a good idea.[:/]

5--feels good.

You gotta be shittin' me. Sounds like masochism to me.:S

I know styles come and go, and I'm way old school, and there are a lot of piercings I like. I just think the long term gauges and permanent holes and dangling loose earlobes are not a good idea.[:/]
endorphins my good man. the same rush you get from jumping out of a plane. they are your bodies natural opiates. :)

and i COMPLETELY agree with you on the whole giant hole thing. most people just do it as a trendy thing and end up regretting it later, which is why there are HUNDREDS (prolly alot more, just dont wanna overestimate) reversed each year. kids rush into things like that not thinking of the long term consequences, then 5 years later when they realise that the real world is a harsh place and not as accepting as they once thought they are shelling out thousands to go under the knife to get the procedure reversed.
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

My son just got done gauging his ears to 00. Yes, I know you all have feelings about this since he is a teen. So whip on me all you want. He dealt with piercing part just fine. I have had many parts of my body pierced and the only one that hurt the worst was my Manroe. But it is quick and easy not like a tattoo.

If you are gauging, you will get tapers and stretch them slowly, letting them heal every time you stretch. My son did it at a reasonable pace and they are good. Don't get them cut or punched because you will have permanent holes that size. If they are stretched slowly and nicely, they have a chance to shrink back to a smaller size. (unless you gauge them to a huge gauge like and inch then they will not shrink back). I have a friend who has a shop for piercing and tattoos and this is what he told me before I let my son do his gauges. I was concerned about how to do it and what damage he can do. My son is at the size that can shrink back down to a half way decent size but if he goes bigger they won't.

If you have any other questions, PM me. I will try to answer them or get the answers for you. :)
You create life, life does not create you.

My son just got done gauging his ears to 00. Yes, I know you all have feelings about this since he is a teen. So whip on me all you want. He dealt with piercing part just fine. I have had many parts of my body pierced and the only one that hurt the worst was my Manroe. But it is quick and easy not like a tattoo.

If you are gauging, you will get tapers and stretch them slowly, letting them heal every time you stretch. My son did it at a reasonable pace and they are good. Don't get them cut or punched because you will have permanent holes that size. If they are stretched slowly and nicely, they have a chance to shrink back to a smaller size. (unless you gauge them to a huge gauge like and inch then they will not shrink back). I have a friend who has a shop for piercing and tattoos and this is what he told me before I let my son do his gauges. I was concerned about how to do it and what damage he can do. My son is at the size that can shrink back down to a half way decent size but if he goes bigger they won't.

If you have any other questions, PM me. I will try to answer them or get the answers for you. :)

at the smaller sizes you really dont need a taper. all stretches are under 1.5mm up untill a 2-0 stretch, that is when a taper could be helpful.

MOST peoples ears wi shrink back decently from a 0 or a 00 but bear in mind that not everyones will. i have a friend of mine who has not had any jewlery in his ears for over 6 months and they still havnt dropped but a single size. and i can assure you he did it all the right way.

im not AGAINST people stretching their ears, hell, im taking mine to 1/2''. im just saying THINK before you act. thats all. not saying your son hasnt, jsut saying that the majority DONT.

at the smaller sizes you really dont need a taper. all stretches are under 1.5mm up untill a 2-0 stretch, that is when a taper could be helpful.

MOST peoples ears wi shrink back decently from a 0 or a 00 but bear in mind that not everyones will. i have a friend of mine who has not had any jewlery in his ears for over 6 months and they still havnt dropped but a single size. and i can assure you he did it all the right way.

im not AGAINST people stretching their ears, hell, im taking mine to 1/2''. im just saying THINK before you act. thats all. not saying your son hasnt, jsut saying that the majority DONT.

Yeah, my friend and I talked about people not shrinking back and he was saying that it can happen if they stretch to fast. Or use this ointment to break down the scare tissue. He got technical on me but in the lamen terms he was telling me; people who stetch to fast and don't let the stretch heal every time you go up a gauge it will cause more scare tissue and this will cause problems with a natural shrink down. Then the will have to be surgically shrunk. And absolutely make sure this is what you want for sure.
You create life, life does not create you.