xtravrtsoul

Snowboarding is coming soon, anyone?

I've been offered a job as a Chalet Slave for the whole season (in the French Alps) ... so fingers crossed that the conditions will be as good as last year.

P.S I ski, tour, board and speed ride.... Can't wait B|

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I've been offered a job as a Chalet Slave for the whole season (in the French Alps) ... so fingers crossed that the conditions will be as good as last year.

P.S I ski, tour, board and speed ride.... Can't wait B|

Oh I am jealous. Sounds like a great winter job. :)
You create life, life does not create you.

Just like every guy you are exaggerating about length(in this case length in time)...:P

You are only 45 minutes away from one resort (Mt Rose)and a good 1hr to 2 hours from the rest..;)

(disclosure, I am sick and in a cranky mood so dont take anything I type to seriously)

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Just like every guy you are exaggerating about length(in this case length in time)...:P

You are only 45 minutes away from one resort (Mt Rose)and a good 1hr to 2 hours from the rest..;)

(disclosure, I am sick and in a cranky mood so dont take anything I type to seriously)

Not offened. I really am only 20 minutes from Mt. Rose. I live right at the bottom of the highway to it and the others take me 45 minutes; some like heavenly (being the farthest out) is about 50 mimutes if the traffic is half way decent that day. Heavenly has a nevada side. And if I go over the Rose pass all the other 45 minutes I time it.Now if it is snow days then it takes me forever, lol. But the closest is Rose and on those days when I have to put it in 4 wheel drive can take up to 30 minutes. Reno is not as far as any thinks from Tahoe. then there is Kirkwood at it takes about 2 hours. Boreal takes about an hour if the construction is done. But I have my favorites and I am a lucky girl to have to much to choose from.;)

Oh and yes if I lived all the way in town it would take me 45 minutes to get there. It just depends on where one live in town on how long it takes. Me; not long. Again lucky woot.

opps ...sorry for calling you a guy...

I was a very big snow bum Reno/Tahoe and know the area really really well. ;)

Cool then you know where I am at. I live at the south of town. Right next to 431. It is nice. If I go to any other resorts, I just drive over to tahoe and go that way, it is much faster than going 80. It takes me 20 minutes just to get to dowtown and then another 45 to just get to Northstar. So going over the hill from my house to tahoe is quicker. Which is nice except for snow days that gets complicated. Oh and I drive like a bat out of hell. Did you live here?

SNOWBOARD!!! -- 'Colorado 5 Mountain Pass' = Keystone, A-Basin, Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek

And Colorado is getting a butt load of snow right now isn't it?

We got 21" down here in the Front Range Wed & Thurs.
Only 7" up at the Divide. >:(

I went up to Loveland on Thurs, made two runs and went home.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

SNOWBOARD!!! -- 'Colorado 5 Mountain Pass' = Keystone, A-Basin, Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek

And Colorado is getting a butt load of snow right now isn't it?

Oh that sucks that there is not to much in the mountains. A couple of mountains are open here with man made and one run. Not worth it to me.[:/]

A skydiving friend and I are going to learn how to snowboard this year!! YAY!! Can't wait!!

Ask SkyMama for pointers on learning to snowboard.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oh that sucks that there is not to much in the mountains. A couple of mountains are open here with man made and one run. Not worth it to me.[:/]

The quantity wasn't the problem as much as the quality.
They had two lifts open, (both groomed):
- #6: Surface of frozen corduroy.
- #1: Surface of 2" packed powder on top of ice.

And to make matters worse, I took my powder skiis, which are OK on a normal groomed slope, but lousy on ice. Apparently, I need to start taking both types of skis, even when I am sure I know what the conditions will be.

And the icing on the cake:
The ski area that got the most snow in that storm: Eldora - 12":)But Eldora isn't open yet.:S

A skydiving friend and I are going to learn how to snowboard this year!! YAY!! Can't wait!!

I wish I could snowboard....

sighs looks sad and sighs again......:(
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly