Icon134

The Prestige

Just saw it.I figured it out relatively quickly so the ending didn't seem that surprising. It's not a bad flick but it does drag a good bit and it's relatively easy to predict whats going to happen after about the first 15 minutes. Now, one flick that has already been mentioned, the Illusionist, is not only far better(IMO) it is also difficult to figure out until you're supposed to. If you had to choose between the two, I would recommend seeing the Illusionist.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I thought The Illusionist was much easier to figure out--BUT also a much better movie.:)
In The Prestige, the transportation thing (hadn't read the book before seeing the movie) wasn't extremely clear to me which one (the one left behind or the one transported) was the "real" Angelier. It was clear one had to be killed each time, but...:S
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Pretty good movie. We were lucky enough to put Disney's wrap party together (and host it) at our facility so all the big wigs could come and party after the premier. We didn't have any stars from the movie, but there were quite a bit of props from the movie displayed. About 700 people; great night.

SA B|

Just saw The Prestige on DVD (Netflix), and I thought it was a pretty good movie. I was impressed with how they took complex manipulations and rendered them easily understood in the plot. I wasn't so impressed with the broken timeline - the big studios all do that now, and it makes following the story unnecessarily complex. Michael Caine was a great anchor for the story, but the other actors fell flat (although Christian Bale had a few moments).

I recommend this one. I saw The Illusionist in the theaters, and I thought it was visually impressive, but the plot was one-dimensional.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD