Jbag

chinese food for xmas

aight, so how many people in San Diego want to go get chinese food with me, im guesing its only going to be fellow jews but i say we go keep a china mart in business.

We used to always get Chinese food Christmas Eve when I was growing up...
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

aight, so how many people in San Diego want to go get chinese food with me, im guesing its only going to be fellow jews but i say we go keep a china mart in business.

Have fun...I'm a little too far north for this!

I'm just curious about this tradition though--I'm not Jewish but recently joined the local Jewish Community Center since they have state-of-the-art workout facilities and I feel I need to be hitting the gym regularly if I'm going to skydive.

As such I just found out about the Jewish tradition of Chinese food for Christmas.

But my question was--are Jews "celebrating" Christmas in this way one day early this year--12/24--because 12/25 after sunset would conflict with Shabbat this year?
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

When I lived in DeLand, I ate takeout most every night. Maybe 4 nights a week I would go to Won Lee's Chinese Resturant. I tried to convince Seamus (one of the owners) to do some kind of holiday thing for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Maybe General Tso's Turkey. Or Turkey Fried Rice. He never did but they were always open on Christmas and Thanksgiving. That was my dinner many a time on those holidays. If you go there, till Seamus Bob said hello. (No, I don't where the name comes from. He just said that his given name would be to hard to pronounce.)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I miss getting chinese for xmas. When I was growing up my mom always did a very nice dinner for thanksgiving, but on xmas we opened presents and got chinese and just had a lazy day. It was fine with me as Chinese food was my favorite food growing up. (It's still high on the list, but now that I eat sushi that has taken the top spot! :)

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)