adventurechick

Tiger Sharks!!

Hey everyone, so I know this isn't skydiving related, but it's adventure, my favorite topic! Anywho, I just got back from a trip about a month ago where I ran off on a boat with random divers and dove with tiger sharks without a cage! I videoed them and edited my video and just got it up on youtube!

Enjoy :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We25ipDVjX0

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Amazing video! Thanks for posting that.

How big were those sharks?

judging by the seagull that appeared early on, I'd say 3 to 4 feet, maybe 5?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The lemon sharks were around 4 feet and the tiger sharks were around 12-17ft.

Thanks for watching!

12-17 foot Tigers!?!?!

While I understand if they weren't feeding and if you weren't displaying prey behavior it was reasonably safe, that is still a very dangerous fish!:o
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I do know there was risk involved, but we did keep our cool, didn't act like prey, and kept our eye on them at all times. For the most part they ate our rish, one did push me out of the way, and another one did try to eat one of the freediver's camera. We all came back safe and sound!

That video was awesome!! This was one of the biggest reasons I just got certified. I GOTTA swim with the sharks!!

What depth did you have to go to? I only have my Open Water right now... waiting until it's warmer to get my Advanced.

I'm going to Vieques for scuba after the Puerto Rico boogie so I am REALLY hoping to see some of these beautiful creatures. I looked for organized shark dives but I couldn't find any in Vieques. Oh well...

B|B|B|B|B|B|

Always be kinder than you feel.

Check out some of the trips on www.diventure.tv I'm the U.S. Rep for them, shoot me an e-mail if you're interested. ([email protected])

The tiger shark dive was only at 17 feet, but I usually dive 60-120 ft. dives around florida and north carolina.

If I were you, I would get my Nitrox Certification along with your advanced, it will serve you well! If you ever want to talk sharks, give me a shout!

The tiger shark dive was only at 17 feet, but I usually dive 60-120 ft. dives around florida and north carolina.

If I were you, I would get my Nitrox Certification along with your advanced, it will serve you well! If you ever want to talk sharks, give me a shout!

Thanks for that info!! The guy I'm seeing is talking about a great white dive somewhere... can't remember where (somewhere cold??). He's an instructor with all kinds of certifications, stuff that would take me forever to get done... but I want in on that one like you wouldn't believe!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Always be kinder than you feel.

We are doing a great white trip as well, trying to organize one without a cage. Interested?

When I was a kid I would work on the family boats cutting bait... helping land fish etc on the party/charter boats on weekends. One of them was an old converted 60' shrimp boat with the back deck covered so the tourists would not get sun stroke by being on deck all day in the Florida sun. We fished out in the Gulf of Mexico about 70 miles west of shore out in about 80 to 100 ft of water. That far from shore the warm blue water was absolutely crystal clear with visibility better than 200'.

Most of the time I would sit up on top of the deck house when nothing was going on. and I remember sitting there just looking down one day as a HUGE Tiger swam right under the boat from port to starboard. As it went under the boat I could see both its tail on one side and its head poking out from the other side. That boat had an 18' beam.

After that I was not quite as keen to just jump overboard for a quick swim while we had the rods stowed for lunch:S:S

Holy crap!! That must've been an amazing sight!!

Oh it was.. the size of it with stripes on the thing were impressive.. friggin huge fish.. just lazily swimming buy waiting for a tourist to drag a grouper or red snapper meal up for it.

I spend a LOT of time in the water SCUBA... surfing... hopefully not while sailing;)

A wake up call to let you know that you are not neccesarily the top of the food chain is always sobering.

go to www.diventure.tv and go to dive the world. Great White Sharks should be there.

Just make sure that whatever outfit you buy your great white adventure, isn't part of Skyride. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban