BillyVance

New Poll: 2009 BCS National Championship, who will win?

Just thought we needed an updated poll, reflecting the two teams that are playing for the national championship. ;)

So have at it. Make your vote and post why. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Just thought we needed an updated poll, reflecting the two teams that are playing for the national championship. ;)

So have at it. Make your vote and post why. :)

Simply put..... texas does not match up against Alabama. It may be a route but I hope it is somewhat of a game.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I'll say this though, Texas will come with everything they've got. They feel like they have something to prove tonight because of how they got snubbed last year.

Then again, Alabama should be focused on this game if they've been listening to their coach.

I think it'll be a close game until midway through the 3rd quarter, and Alabama may well pound them down after that. We'll see. Quite possibly an interception taken back for a pick 6 will give Alabama the separation they need.

Interesting thing... Bama's never beaten Texas, going 0-7-1 in college football history. Also, since the BCS started, the SEC's representative in the BCS championship game has never lost. Yep, 5-0 and counting....

It's going to be a humdinger....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Alabama fairly easily manhandled a good Florida team in the SEC Championship game while Texas just barely squeaked out a win against a decent but not dominate Nebraska team in the Big 12 Championship game. Based on these results one would think the Tide should roll tonight. But the only time you ever see the best SEC team play the best Big 12 team is in a Bowl game. So just because 'Bama looked good against FL does not mean they will automatically squish TX. There is a reason why they play the games. Anything could happen. I just hope it is an entertaining game.

My crystal ball is saying the Crimson Tide will win, but my crystal ball was made in China and I am not sure if there is or isn't some toxic sludge that oozing from my Chinese made crystal ball that may be clouding my judgment. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Roll Tide!

I'd much rather be saying Go Dawgs! but not a chance of that this year. Gotta keep it in the SEC!

Based on the last games each team play you might think Alabama is a no brainer, but have to keep in mind it was pretty much the best game of the season for Bama and worst game of the season for Texas. Tough to compare.

Wish Florida had played against Bama as they did against Cincinnati. Would have been a much better game.

As far as I'm concerned, the National Championship Game was played back on December 5th in the Georgia Dome.
Killing threads since 2004.

I almost turned the game off at half time. I am glad I didn't.

Tough break for Texas to lose Colt McCoy on the 2nd offensive series of the game. But kudos must go out to the Longhorns. They could have easily rolled over and died in the 2nd half after that tough 1st half. But they didn't. They played hard and made it a very interesting game. At times McCoy's backup Gilbert was out of his league. But this evenings game will go a long way towards making him a good (possibly great) QB in the years to come.

Congrats to the Crimson Tide on your undefeated championship season. With tons of talent returning next year the SEC and even the entire NCAA better watch out. Can Alabama repeat? Time will tell.

Now will some high profile school please play Boise State.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Before this season started, I felt like we would not be competing for a national title until next season, the reasons being a new QB and 3 new offensive line starters. They blew my expectations out of the water.

Colt McCoy was hurt on Texas' 5th play of their first possession, IIRC. There's no doubt Texas would have been in the game all the way through had he not missed anything. Gilbert is a true freshman, I think, who had only thrown something like 27 passes all year. Boy talk about a baptism in fire! He looked real bad through the first half. But give Texas credit. They made a good comeback to make a game out of it after Gilbert settled down. That kid is going to be a better QB than McCoy in due time.

It was a great game. Not an all-time classic, but great game. For Alabama, anyway. B|

Now, the SEC are a perfect 6-0 in BCS championship games, since Tennessee took the first one after the 1998 season. And, the SEC is the first conference to win 3 national championships in a row, and first to make it 4 in a row to boot.

Alabama won it with classic defense. Interesting side note, the last 3 national championships that Alabama won, they didn't even come close to 100 yards passing. Jay Barker only had 18 yards in 1992, for fuck's sake! I thought Texas' passing defense was going to be easier to pass on, but the line and linebackers didn't give McElroy enough time to make many plays, so Bama just stuck to their bread and butter - the running game and big-play defense.

Just looking at Trent Richardson, he is a potential future Heisman candidate, maybe in 2011. Wow... Best 1-2 punch I've seen in a long time. The only other recent duo that could compare would be USC's Reggie Bush and Lendale White several years back.

Repeating is easier said than done. Just ask Florida, who returned their entire 2-deep defense from last year's title team and was supposed to run roughshod over the nation this year.

I'll have to look at the roster to see who Alabama is losing to graduation. There probably will be one or two leaving early. Hell, there are a couple leaving with some eligibility left but they already have their degrees. But all that said, Bama just has to reload. They are deep at every position now and with another top-3 recruiting class coming in, the future looks very bright indeed, as long as Saban keeps the team focused.

And finally....

HEY 'HORNS!! HEY 'HORNS!! HEY 'HORNS, WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!!!! :ph34r:

Before this season started, I felt like we would not be competing for a national title until next season, the reasons being a new QB and 3 new offensive line starters. They blew my expectations out of the water.

Colt McCoy was hurt on Texas' 5th play of their first possession, IIRC. There's no doubt Texas would have been in the game all the way through had he not missed anything. Gilbert is a true freshman, I think, who had only thrown something like 27 passes all year. Boy talk about a baptism in fire! He His receivers looked real bad through the first half. But give Texas credit. They made a good comeback to make a game out of it after Gilbert settled down. That kid is going to be a better QB than McCoy in due time.

:ph34r:

Fixed it for you.

I'll give Colt McCoy credit. He took it like a man. Didn't shed any tears at the end like Tebow did, but he was speechless for a few seconds in the interview...

I'll have to look at the roster to see who Alabama is losing to graduation.

You mean "lose to expiration of eligibility". I don't think they ever lose too many to graduation.:P

Au contraire, this year Alabama is graduating the highest percent of their players in the nation, or damn near close to it. :P

Hell, even Greg McElroy already has his degree, and is said to be applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for next season. B|

graduating the highest percent of their players

Doesn't take much to top that subset

Greg McElroy already has his degree, and is said to be applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for next season

You misread--he's attending the Dusty Rhodes rasslin' academy
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

graduating the highest percent of their players

Doesn't take much to top that subset

Greg McElroy already has his degree, and is said to be applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for next season

You misread--he's attending the Dusty Rhodes rasslin' academy

Bwahahaha... maybe Mount Cody will go for that. Dusty's son is named Cody. ;)