Squeak

I'm getting old

When we returned from our World Trip, we went and had a medical exam to make certain we didnt bring any undesirable hitchhikers home with us. This include a complete blood screen.
My Cholesterol. is way to high[:/]
I'm healthy in every regard except that and since my diet is pretty good, with only small areas for improvement. the doctor has decided to put me on Cholesterol medication.
I have to take Lipitor>:( Friggin old unhealthy peoples drugs>:(
46 is not old and i'm not unhealthy, I resist taking medication at the best of times so to be told i need to take a pill every day kinda annoys me:|

Who else here is not fat and unhealthy and still has high cholesterol??

Healthy here in OZ is <5.5, mine is 7.9 Total Cholesterol. my good Cholesterol is pretty good, LDL are 1.22 (healthy is above 0.90) but my BAD cholesterol HDL is at 5.9 (healthy is BELOW 3.5) and My Triglycerides are JUST under the healthy limit 1.7 (healthy is 1.8).

So back to the gym and more salads for Squeak
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Brother! Yep, not fat (excessively), not "unhealthy" but still taking a handful twice a day. It started with a thyroid replacement (seems we caught it just in time), then after a heart attack I find out heart disease, specifically high cholesterol, killed most all of the males on my mother's side of the family. I'm 55, could probably pass for 40, 6 foot 2 (a tick under 2 meters) & 210 lbs (a tick over 95 kilos).

A word of warning: If you haven't already realized it, travel just took on a whole new & aggravating dimension. [:/]

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

I have to take a pill for high blood preasure, one for stomach acid, and one for back pain every day....Yer just gettin started!

I have to take one for cholesterol and one to lower my testosterone level:P.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have to take a pill for high blood preasure, one for stomach acid, and one for back pain every day....Yer just gettin started!

I have to take one for cholesterol and one to lower my testosterone level:P.

I just read that article about you. Something to aspire to Dr John:)Happy New year old man.:)
On the plus side the alternative to getting older sucks arse;):ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Stops you from rolling out of bed aye?

The above, plus a cursory glance at your sig line had me reading it "206 boners moving in close formation" :S:D:D:D
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Last year's physical exam showed my combined cholesterol level at 243 with the "bad cholestrol" number being elevated.:o Told the doctor that my diet is almost fat free, that I walk five miles a day and just couldn't understand what the cause of the elevated number could be. He said that maybe I just had a "bad cholestrol day" when the blood was drawn.:S

Had my annual physical three days ago and the cholestrol number was down to below 200 and a with a dramatic drop in the "bad" number. This was done without any medication or significant lifestyle change. :)
Any medical types here ever heard of having a bad cholestrol day??

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Are you are in a restaurant talking loudly about the drainage from your recent surgery or "The Bowel Movement of the Month/Week"? :S:S

No?

Then you're not old.

“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

The voices in my head keep telling me to punch my doc in the balls if he trys to give me aripiprazole again. :S

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Getting old?
So has the doctor suggested scheduling a colonoscopy, or has the optometrist recommended bifocals yet?:ph34r:

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.