millertime24

What do you do?

So I went to dinner tonight with a friend and her family. The food joint had the word "bistro: in it so I was kind of expecting to spend a little coin. So I'm there and I order the fillet mignon (most expensive thing on the menu) and drinks fully expecting to get out of that place for around $40 or so. Now here comes the wierd part. When the check was brought out my friends dad instantly picks it up and refuses to let me pay for my own meal. So other than saying thank you what do you do? I feel like kind of a dick for having the highest tab out of everyone there, but I was fully expecting to pay for my own dinner. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Muff #5048

Maybe HE was saying thanks for getting his daughter home safe. Say thanks and next time it is on you. Of course the bottle of scotch or bourbon would be a nice touch too.B|

And thanks for your service and i am glad you made it home.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I'm sure i'm from his era where "Men Of Honor" had their way of doing things. What you should have done and it appears you did is let him pick up the tab and say simply, "Hey, Good Stuff" Thanks. He expects you to nail his daughter and if you didn't he'd probably be insulted. Ya done the right thing, fuggat about it! ;)

-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Yeah thats what I did, but his daughter is engaged so I wont be persuing the "nailing". I may send him a couple cuban's that I managed to bring back with me.

Human trafficking is illegal, Mike. Didn't you learn anything in your pre-deployment training?!?:S:P
The best things in life are dangerous.

So completely off topic... but this is the first time I realized millertimeunc and millertime24 are not the same person... as a matter of fact I never noticed the 24 on millertime24's sn and always thought millertime24 was actually millertimeunc and that millertimeunc kept swapping between the wingsuit pic and the pic of the rig (millertime24's pic). Im a ding bat.

Back on topic: I think the cigar/scotch/thank you are all good ideas :)

So completely off topic... but this is the first time I realized millertimeunc and millertime24 are not the same person... as a matter of fact I never noticed the 24 on millertime24's sn and always thought millertime24 was actually millertimeunc and that millertimeunc kept swapping between the wingsuit pic and the pic of the rig (millertime24's pic). Im a ding bat.

Back on topic: I think the cigar/scotch/thank you are all good ideas :)

LOL. He's actually my brother. If not for him I wouldnt be a skydiver.
Muff #5048

That's cool stuff. Its pretty cool that yall have this to bond over too. :)
Edit: because I hit post before I typed anything... Have I mentioned Im a dingbat lately?

That's OK, just show us your boobiesB|

What he said.
Muff #5048

Edit: because I hit post before I typed anything... Have I mentioned Im a dingbat lately?

What he said.

I have moobs. And a penis. :ph34r:

What he said.

I have moobs. And a penis. :ph34r:

Cop-out!!! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban