Superman32

Tempurpedic vs Sealy posturepedic

My fiancee and I are on the market for a new bed and we are debating between two mattresses: Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme vs Sealy Posturepedic South Court.

They are both comfortable but the Tempurpedic is significantly more expensive, however with financing it seems doable. The sealy being a standard mattress, I'm more interested in feedback on the Tempurpedic from anybody that has one or has slept on one.

thanks
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

My brother and my parents both own Tempurpedics, and they LOVE them. I wish I had the money to get a King size though. You can get in and out of your side and not even wake the SO on the other side. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was considering the same options a few years back. I really couldn't afford the tempurpedic, especially considering I wasn't sure I would like it. Ended up spending the money on one of their pillows just to see how I liked that.

It was comfortable, no doubt, but I felt like it swallowed me. On a cool night that was no problem, but I am very hot natured and sweat easily and on anything BUT a cool night I found it suffocating.

Have you considered purchasing a "memory foam" mattress topper to see what you think? It's obviously not the same as the Tempurpedic bed, but would give you a hint at what it will feel like and may save you a sizable chunk of change if you decide you don't like it.
Killing threads since 2004.

I have a Tempurpedic that I absolutely freaking LOVE. It has made a huge difference in the amount of pain I have since I fractured L5-S1. I hate sleeping on traditional mattresses now.

That being said, I can't advocate accruing debt for a mattress. If you can't buy it outright, don't buy it is my view.

My fiancee and I are on the market for a new bed and we are debating between two mattresses: Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme vs Sealy Posturepedic South Court.

They are both comfortable but the Tempurpedic is significantly more expensive, however with financing it seems doable. The sealy being a standard mattress, I'm more interested in feedback on the Tempurpedic from anybody that has one or has slept on one.

thanks

We owned a king-sized Tempurpedic Deluxe. We got it after I herniated a disc since I found it both supportive and without pressure points. You can probably jump up and down on it without affecting the person on the other side. I thought it was awesome but my wife had problems rolling over in it ("like sleeping in wet sand") and found that it didn't work as well for her back as mine so we sold it and now have some sort of conventional wonder-mattress with only a thin layer of memory foam at the top. I find it as supportive/pressure point free/otherwise as comfortable, people don't get stuck or have the bed sink when sitting on the side, and the isolation between sides is almost as good as the Tempurpedic. We're both happy with that one.

We also tried a Tempurpedic knock-off when living in a second home (the "equivalent" Angel Bed). It sucked for both of us. It was simultaneously harder on the surface and less supportive so we shipped it back truck freight and moved the Tempurpedic in leaving the other bedroom empty.

I got the Sealy Posturepedic Firm a few years ago. the deciding factors were:
1. Price
2. Tempurpedic is temperature sensitive so if you are on the bigger size such as my husband you will warm it up and create a crater. I weigh 116 soaking wet and always cold so for me it felt like a plank of wood in the showroom

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

I have a deluxe tempurpedic that has an air flow layer in it to help with the heat problem (I can't remember the specific name of it). It does get warm, but it's not bad. We have a ceiling fan and keep the air at 77 at night in the summer and we're fine. It is hard to roll over, but being a light sleeper I love the fact that you can't feel the other person getting in and out of bed. The commercials really are true about that. Our King is actually 2 twins that have a remote control to move the top and bottom up and down and it even vibrates. Putting the top on an incline comes in handy for reading, if you're ill and have chest congestion and need to sleep more upright and it helps for other things as well. :)

I'd purchase it again.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I went with a memory-foam knock-off. It cost $800 for a King size, including two steel-framed support boxframes. It has holes in it to allow air to flow through and keep it from heating up, and a temperfoam pillow top. Its a great bed, free delivery, no tax, made in the USA. I don't think you need to spend several thousand on Tempurpedic, there's a reason they have stores everywhere that carry them - way too much markup. But I recommend a temperfoam, rather than any boxspring mattress.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

We have the tempurpedic bed, my wife is in her 9th month of pregnacy and she has trouble getting out of the bed, but I do not feel her move when she wiggels to get up.
I also have a think single size that I take to work with me as the beds of the ems stations are bad, such a transition that one night my coworker had to wake me up for a call.
We also put one in the living quaters of our horse trailer.
We also have had the sleep number bed, don't waste your money on that junk, the foam layer that runs down the center breaks down.
It's a good amount of cash to drop, but well worth it for us.
www.greenboxphotography.com

The best bed I've ever had was a piece of medium density open cell foam rubber. 10" thick and the size of a king size bed on a "slat platform." That is, a platform of 1'' X 2" with I" between slats. The foam cost about $200 from a foam distributor and the wood came from an old waterbed. Never had any back problems while I used that bed (about 10 years.)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?