ntrprnr

Yet again, don't rely on anyone else.

When a conference organizer tells you that "he'll take care of all the details in getting you there," it's usually a good idea to check.

You know, so you don't show up at the airport for your trip to keynote a conference in INDIA and find out YOU NEED A FUCKING VISA AND ONE WAS NEVER GOTTEN FOR YOU.

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

noone never told you that you needed one ? or that you should take care of obtaining one yourself ? in that case, yes it would be a huge mistake from their side.

in case they wrote it down somewhere and you didn't read it, the mistake would be on your side.

it's a part of my job, and people often just DON'T read what you write:|

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

When a conference organizer tells you that "he'll take care of all the details in getting you there," it's usually a good idea to check.

You know, so you don't show up at the airport for your trip to keynote a conference in INDIA and find out YOU NEED A FUCKING VISA AND ONE WAS NEVER GOTTEN FOR YOU.

That really sucks Peter...no hope in turning a visa around quickly huh? How long does stuff like that take?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

That really sucks Peter...no hope in turning a visa around quickly huh? How long does stuff like that take?
ROFLMFAO you have OBVIOUSLY never dealt with Indian bureaucracy :D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not going to happen - I'm supposed to speak tomorrow. Am supposed to be on a plane now between Frankfurt and Bangalore. I'm not. I'm on my couch in NYC.

Argh.

No I haven't...a month? Two months? Six? :o
Make light!

No I haven't...a month? Two months? Six? :o
it was a 60 mintue exercise to buy a friggin train ticket:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Took us a week for a visa and that was the Rush job:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not going to happen - I'm supposed to speak tomorrow. Am supposed to be on a plane now between Frankfurt and Bangalore. I'm not. I'm on my couch in NYC.

Argh.

I would send the event organizer your bill anyway...for pissing you off...there's new marketing model for you! Revenge marketing for snubbed vendors and clients... :D:D
Make light!

Seeing as Squeak just recently saw the world over the course of a year, any questions about visas go to him. :P

Rules is different for you yanks. you have pissed off a lot of countries:D:D:D
Oz hasn't pissed off nearly as many;)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

[cough] Video Conference .... All the cool kids are doing it:P

Oz hasn't pissed off nearly as many;)

But you are working on it.:P

Dude seriously...I'n not about pissing off nations, I'm no boggot.
I'm all about the individual:)
I dont care where ya from what your colour is, your beliefs, customs whatever...

I'm here to help without prejudice or favour;)B|
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

[cough] Video Conference .... All the cool kids are doing it:P

Agree but not if you are giving a lecture or Key Note Speach

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome