LadyDoc

I won a cruise to the Bahamas!!

Yea, so, got the call today that the little slip of paper I (was forced to) filled out at the "Ying's Chinee Takee Outee" (I kid you not) was actually the 'winning' slip when they did the drawing! So, now, I've won this cruise to the Bahamas and I was to do a jump or two while I'm down there. Any advice on the DZs there? I asked a friend but he had no personal info about it. Any ideas? :)
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

eh, oh well... any advice for other things to do? cruising down one day, staying in one of the hotels for 4 days/3 nights. cruising back. :)

If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

You can skydive any time. Sometimes vacations without jumping are a REALLY nice change of pace.

Bahamas? doesn't sound hard....

SCUBA, rest, drink, swim, shop, rest, party, eat, drink, swim, SCUBA, windsurf, sail, drink, swim, party, rest

repeat as needed

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Been a few years since my wife and I went. We did the dolphin experience, kayaking through the mangroves, and ate lunch or dinner at this restaurant (forgot the name of it) right by the water's edge near the harbor on Grand Bahama Island. It's got several sharks in an outdoor tank and the staff dumps waste seafood overboard into the open waters underneath where you can see bull sharks feeding. It was pretty neat.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You can skydive any time. Sometimes vacations without jumping are a REALLY nice change of pace.

Bahamas? doesn't sound hard....

SCUBA, rest, drink, swim, shop, rest, party, eat, drink, swim, SCUBA, windsurf, sail, drink, swim, party, rest

repeat as needed

What he said. And if you really wanted to skydive on a vacation at an island nation, try Jamaica or Peurto Rico.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

lol that's true... I think there will be lots of drinking, that's for sure. Not so much on my behalf. first and only time I went to the bahamas was just before my 21st birthday and I got so freakin' drunk that I told a friend that we had to call my boyfriend because I was too drunk to drive..... [:/] so, I'm going to actually try to remember this vacation.... ;) lol.

Yea, so, got the call today that the little slip of paper I (was forced to) filled out at the "Ying's Chinee Takee Outee" (I kid you not) was actually the 'winning' slip when they did the drawing! So, now, I've won this cruise to the Bahamas and I was to do a jump or two while I'm down there. Any advice on the DZs there? I asked a friend but he had no personal info about it. Any ideas? :)

I just asked this as well. I'm going there for my honeymoon. No DZ.... so sad :(
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

And also, if you did a search for skydiving in the Bahamas, you will find a website espousing as such, and guess who owns the site? Skyfuckingride! (skyride) Total lie! :|

And when you call the number on the site, they tell you to go to Jamaica. :S

well thanks for doing that legwork for me! I was just about to do that. ;)

Don't forget to save money to pay taxes on this at the end of the year. They will send you a 1099 for the value of the trip, you might be hit with owing several hundred dollars.

Yeah, the US Govt likes to tax winnings of all forms. I have heard of people winning a Hummer or other luxury vehicle in some promotion only to end up selling them because they could not afford the taxes.

well thanks for doing that legwork for me! I was just about to do that. ;)

Thank Rstanley. He's the one who found it. B|

I am awesome.... lol :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

THANKS RStanley!!

As per the tax stuff, I actually won a trip this past year to Miami beach to see a concert and stay at the FountaineBleau (if you have a chance to stay there, it's freakin' phenomenal) and they sent me the forms stating that I had an additional $1500 worth of income to pay for the trip. I didn't have to pay too much on that. Although, the friend I took with me said she'd pay for half, but I didn't let her... :)

and... there was another thing I was going to reply to... I'll edit in a second.
Aha- nope, it wasn't a timeshare trip! it's actually a full on cruise and staying at a hotel with no timeshare involved. If there was a TS, I wouldn't claim that crap. B|

eh, oh well... any advice for other things to do? cruising down one day, staying in one of the hotels for 4 days/3 nights. cruising back. :)

drink, SCUBA, party, lay on the beACH WITH A DRINK, shower, hit a bar, go to dinner and have a few drinks, go to another bar, possibly surf. then drink more.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

You are right, I can't jump anywhere right now. Don't get me wrong- 6 jumps is right, but I'm just a student now, done with AFF and have a few solos (tunnel rat). but, my taxes are coming back on Friday and I plan on getting A TON of jumps in here soon. I'm hoping to get my A within a month or so. I've checked off EVERYTHING on my proficiency card with the exception of the numbers (yea, even packing and all that good fun stuff- packed and jumped my own rig for jump number 2 B|- I may be stupid, but it worked out). The only reason I have as few as I do is because I just relocated completely and have been working on building up my business again. :(
I'll definitely be taking my pale ass out to snorkel or scuba or surf or something!

Posts like this make me question your dedication to skydiving...:P

Stick around for a while.. Its nice to play tourist when you're not one;)
Remster

Yeah, the US Govt likes to tax winnings of all forms. I have heard of people winning a Hummer or other luxury vehicle in some promotion only to end up selling them because they could not afford the taxes.

If I won a luxury vehicle I would probably sell it as well but not because I wouldn't want to pay the taxes... merely because I wouldn't want most luxury cars...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...