skydivercowboy

accident prone!

ok, so i have had a couple of people say they worry about me skydiving cuz im so accident prone!!! i just laugh at this and smile. but the sad thing is, is that its true! i used to ride bulls and i had to quit that cuz i got hurt to bad. january 29th this year i rolled my truck 4 times and walked away from it with 2 cuts on my right hand and a knot on my head from a dang wrench that was in the cab of the truck! and there is so much more than just those things but not enough space to tell them all... so i dont know what i should do.?.?.?
love that rush!

haha yeah right! there is no rush in either of those! i love skydiving! but its frustrating cuz i want my A license so bad and it feels like im never going to get it cuz i took my FJC in november and i only have 5 jumps up to now! idk, sometimes i just get down about it and im ready for that A to be stamped on my forehead!!!
love that rush!

na we all know how dangerous golf is :P but i'm in a similar boat to you, used to play rugby loads (and get injured way too often, broke the same hand twice in the past 12 months B|) until i started jumping and all my time (and money) was spent tryna get that big shiny A. i've seen a few people get injured and i've become personally acquainted with a hedge, but i definitely see skydiving in my future for a long time to come :DB|

is anyone else out there that is accident prone but still skydives? lol

I am a complete klutz, my first stitches were when I was 4 and sprains, fall, bruises and breaks just continued from there. And yes, I've hurt myself skydiving too! I'm trying to think of my point...um, I've made it 10 years in the sport and I'm not dead yet! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

i used to ride bulls

Years ago, a fellow skydiver and I took our dates to a Rodeo. During the bronc riding event, the first two guys outta the chute headed off to the hospital, Then, during the bull-riding event; the first three guys outta the chute went to the hospital. Jim and I looked at each other with the exact same thought. "And, they think we're crazy!"

The fact of the matter is; some or most of us have been injured a whole lot more working on the house, or during drunken bonfire episodes. or weather holds than we have skydiving. I promise you; I've seen a lot more DZ injuries during weather holds than I have during blue sky, big white puffy days. We have a saying, "Nothing more scary than a bored skydiver."
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

ok, so i have had a couple of people say they worry about me skydiving cuz im so accident prone!!! i just laugh at this and smile. but the sad thing is, is that its true! i used to ride bulls and i had to quit that cuz i got hurt to bad. january 29th this year i rolled my truck 4 times and walked away from it with 2 cuts on my right hand and a knot on my head from a dang wrench that was in the cab of the truck! and there is so much more than just those things but not enough space to tell them all... so i dont know what i should do.?.?.?

It can't just be me that glanced - saw Cow in the name and thought - Oh - Lisah changed her screen name.:D:D:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It can't just be me that glanced - saw Cow in the name and thought - Oh - Lisah changed her screen name.:D:D:P

lmao--->>>:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

haha yeah us cowboys are crazy! i mean how sane do you need to be to get on the back of a really pissed off bull then strap you hand on to them!!! ;).......... but i have seen 3 people die from riding bulls, one was my good friend. but that never stopped me from riding, i stopped riding cuz i messed my back up really bad when i got stepped on by a bull and straightened out my spine, that was my last ride! and whats with the "lisa changed her name" thing, is that like an inside joke?

love that rush!

haha ummm well if it counts man... my mom is a red head! lol

do you ride her bare back or saddled?:o:|:ph34r::ph34r:

Side Saddle
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I have no idea about being accident prone. I push the limits in most everything I do (especially driving my car) and rarely have an accident. I'm not clutzy either, however it took me a total of 3 whole years to get my A license. If you are dedicated enough you can do it. And in my opinion being 'accident prone' is all in your head...as soon as you believe it yourself you let yourself believe that an accident is right around the corner. Just jump let god sort the rest out.