hcsvader

Slackline

When the load is taken off the line it really doesn't bounce up much higher than its original height, I'd say an inch at most. The line is under alot of tension. On this one I have the line run thru 4 carabiners acting as pulleys and had 3 people pulling it tight before we secured it.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Ya didnt you or V post a vid of him doing some parkour? Slacklining is alot of fun and a really good workout.
There pretty cheap to buy as well. all I have is 30m of 1" tubular webbing and 4 carabiners. Go to any rock climbing or hiking outfit and they should know what your talking about when you say you want to set up a slackline.
I think mine cost me about $40 to set up.
Have you seen my pants?

Nice video, good skillz, nice band for the music too. I might show this to my kid. It looks like something he'd enjoy.

:o:o:o what did you do with the other 3:o:o
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think mine cost me about $40 to set up.

That's about all ours was, too. I found it handy to add a come-along to the kit; makes it easier to get the line tight without a bunch of strong guys around.

Was that you walking on our line down at the lake at LP last summer?

Yuppers, I was on that one at LP last summer. Wish I had shoes for that one. Ya a come along works great for getting tension on the line just make sure you get one thats fairly heavy duty. Do you have any idea what the one your using is rated for? I would think you would want one that is rated for at least 1000lbs
Have you seen my pants?

Haha ya I'm sure one would want at least 1000lbs. I'm sure I could put a 1000lb dynamic load on a slackline. Like I said I used 3 people pulling on the line thru 4 pulleys just to get tension on it.
Have you seen my pants?

Do you have any idea what the one your using is rated for? I would think you would want one that is rated for at least 1000lbs

No clue. It's an industrial version though so I assume it's relatively heavy duty.

I really like it for quick and dirty set ups - no biners required, which is handy since I don't know how to tie that knot you guys use to set up the 4 to 1 :D.

Ya I remember the one you had was fairly heavy duty. I would definatly like to have one for my set-up. It would be so much easier to get the line under tension.

My rigging is fairly crude. If you don't know knots, tie lots :P

Have you seen my pants?

Ha! That first video and the one JohnRich posted is Andy Lewis. He is sponsored by Gibbons. He was jumping with us in Moab at the Turkey boogie last year. He gainered Mari's Gash on his 19th base jump. Natural athlete.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Do you have any idea what the one your using is rated for? I would think you would want one that is rated for at least 1000lbs

No clue. It's an industrial version though so I assume it's relatively heavy duty.

I really like it for quick and dirty set ups - no biners required, which is handy since I don't know how to tie that knot you guys use to set up the 4 to 1 :D.

do you have a pic of how you set this up or a link to something similar?

i want to set on up in my yard, but i don't know anything about it.

i have three ways i can do it with the trees we have. we have trees that are 16, 22, and 40 feet apart.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Search "slackline setup" on google or youtube, there's a bunch of info out there.

Our bag o' stuff includes the line, two anchors (1" tubular nylon, looped back and sewed with a three point to make loops on either end; one anchor also has a smaller Type 17 loop sewn on for attaching the come along), five carabiners and the come along.

For quick and dirty, I put the anchors around the trees and put a carabiner through the loops of both anchors. Attach one end of the line to one anchor/carabiner; attach the come along to the other anchor/carabiner, then run the other end of the line through the come along. Tighten it up and you're slacking. The only real downside to this method is that the come along has to stay in the system, which adds a bit more weight to one end of the line.

The Type 17 loop on one anchor is used for attaching the come along when using it to tighten a line rigged with 'biners. Shorter lines can be easily tightened with one or two blokes, but longer ones need something more. With the come along outside the system (ie the excess line is run through it after it exits the 'biners), you can easily remove it when the line is tight enough.

i did some googling and found that by buying the components individually, i can get the "quick and dirty" setup for about $55. i also found some tree padding i like for $20. i have stuff around that i can use so i don't really need it though.

i'm trying to picture youre setup where the come along can be removed. i haven't run across something like that in my searches yet.

is it easier to start out on longer or shorter slack lines? i started looking and i have a couple trees that are about 65-70 feet apart as well as the distances i mentioned earlier.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com