amstalder

No more wisdom teeth. Woohoo!

so i really wanted to keep my teeth after my surgery, and under the influence of whatever drugs the doc gave me i begged the dentists to let me. they still said no. so my dad who drove me there, stole them then ran out the door, leaving me to wait for my girlfriend to come pick me up, went home, and fell asleep with ice on one side of my face, and the result is in the attached picture
I'd wait for you outside the courtoom.
Taunting; when all of your appeals were declined.

Hope you heal up well. I'm getting mine pulled this coming Thursday and not looking forward to it. Would have preferred Monday, but I don't get to pick my appointment. But atleast the military is paying for it. I'm guessing I won't be able to jump that weekend either, but hopefully by the next I'll be good. I was actually gonna post the exact same question you did on here, but you beat me to it.:D

Hope you heal up well. I'm getting mine pulled this coming Thursday and not looking forward to it. Would have preferred Monday, but I don't get to pick my appointment. But atleast the military is paying for it. I'm guessing I won't be able to jump that weekend either, but hopefully by the next I'll be good. I was actually gonna post the exact same question you did on here, but you beat me to it.:D

SO did you know the military no longer pays 100% for families?? Yeah that was a nice surprise on monday... Also, I just found out my DZ wont have a plane tomorrow, so it was a much easier decision :D:D

Good luck this week!

so i really wanted to keep my teeth after my surgery, and under the influence of whatever drugs the doc gave me i begged the dentists to let me. they still said no. so my dad who drove me there, stole them then ran out the door, leaving me to wait for my girlfriend to come pick me up, went home, and fell asleep with ice on one side of my face, and the result is in the attached picture

I asked for mine just after I woke up (I vaguely remember this) and the woman THREW THEM AWAY!!

SO did you know the military no longer pays 100% for families?? Yeah that was a nice surprise on monday... Also, I just found out my DZ wont have a plane tomorrow, so it was a much easier decision :D:D

Good luck this week!

Thanks!

Yeah, I know about it, and all the other things that are being done (and things trying to be done) to screw over service members and their families. I'm a little bitter right now over what's happening.>:(

Didn't the doc give you a scrip for something stronger?

He did, but because of issues with my pharmacy I wasnt able to get it until late last night, and I had already taken an Ambien when my folks brought it home (Im not about to mix Ambien with Dilaudid)... For the most part I am feeling fine right now so I dont have any reason to take the hard stuff.

And since I am allergic to most of the hard stuff, I couldnt just take something my parents have in the medicine cabinet [:/]

Dilaudid? Damn. Just take over the counter stuff and save that for a party... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Good luck this week!

Thanks!

Yeah, I know about it, and all the other things that are being done (and things trying to be done) to screw over service members and their families. I'm a little bitter right now over what's happening.>:(

what exactly is happening? dental hasn't been covered for families for several years at least. what is it, $12 or $13 a month for the whole family? that's not too bad. i don't know how the coverage compares to most other dental plans, but its better than any coverage i had in the civilian world.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Good luck this week!

Thanks!

what exactly is happening? dental hasn't been covered for families for several years at least. what is it, $12 or $13 a month for the whole family? that's not too bad. i don't know how the coverage compares to most other dental plans, but its better than any coverage i had in the civilian world.

Im not sure, just wasnt expecting my wisdom teeth to not be covered completely. But considering how much tricare has covered for my medical over the years, 40% of my wisdom teeth isnt a huge deal, it was just a surprise.

Honestly, Im not sure what else is going on, I try not to pay attention, because itll just irritate me.

Didn't the doc give you a scrip for something stronger?

He did, but because of issues with my pharmacy I wasnt able to get it until late last night, and I had already taken an Ambien when my folks brought it home (Im not about to mix Ambien with Dilaudid)... For the most part I am feeling fine right now so I dont have any reason to take the hard stuff.

And since I am allergic to most of the hard stuff, I couldnt just take something my parents have in the medicine cabinet [:/]

Dilaudid? Damn. Just take over the counter stuff and save that for a party... :P

Honestly ibuprofen is working better for me with this situation (swelling).. Ive taken one dilaudid since the surgery... And it has no metal benefits for me, so its one of those things I like to keep around for when shit really sucks (like when I had my kidney stone last month)..

The pharmacist actually tried to call me a drug seeker last night, and refused to fill it even after the doctor called her (this is the 2nd time in the last 30 days ive been prescribed it, but, gee, it was also my second surgery in said month:S)

I've only ever had one tooth pulled, because I had one tooth too many.

how many teeth in alabama constitutes "one too many"?:P

Damned if I know. I have 16 upper teeth and 16 lower teeth. Used to have 17 upper teeth.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I wish I could have eaten the day after I got mine out. I was 15 and it was a bitch!. I only had 3 develope but I was in sooo much pain. The Doc gave me tylenol 3 and I told him that stuff doesn't work on me but he gave it anyway. I might as well been taking tic-taks. It was such a shitty week. Glad you had a better experience than I did.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I guess I was lucky. I had it done with just novacaine when I was 17. My mom was with me but let me drive home because it was snowing and she didn't like driving in it. I doubled up on the codeine pain meds, more or less slept 24 hours with ice packs on, and then was fine after that. :)

+1 My experience sucked balls. I developed 2 dry sockets as well, which just prolonged the pain. :|

Yikes! I keep hearing about dry socket, and Im really trying hard to follow all the instructions. I think a huge part of why this is not too terrible is because I had a kidney stone less than a month ago, and honestly I felt like I was dying... Im not sure anything could ever compare to that. Im sorry you had a shitty experience, thought, I hate hearing that.

because I had a kidney stone less than a month ago, and honestly I felt like I was dying..

Crap, you're having a bad month.:S:D

I've known a few people who've had those. They say the pain is exquisite. :S:o[:/]

Yeah, definitely a bad month :D. Got a good trip to Fitzgerald in right in the middle of it though!!

But yeah I dont think Id wish that pain on my worst enemy. I couldnt pass mine though, Im pretty sure it wouldve gotten worse if Id passed it naturally :S