amstalder

No more wisdom teeth. Woohoo!

So I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. It was pretty miserable at first because I didnt have any pain pills. But I started taking ibuprofen late yesterday evening, and have been feeling better and better. Just super swollen. I feel like I gained 10 lbs just in my cheeks!!

I've actually been really hyper today, and eating fairly normally...

Im wondering if it would be a bad idea to jump tomorrow... Granted my face probably wouldnt fit in my helmet! :D

So I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. It was pretty miserable at first because I didnt have any pain pills. But I started taking ibuprofen late yesterday evening, and have been feeling better and better. Just super swollen. I feel like I gained 10 lbs just in my cheeks!!

I've actually been really hyper today, and eating fairly normally...

Im wondering if it would be a bad idea to jump tomorrow... Granted my face probably wouldnt fit in my helmet! :D

Should have had them taken out on Monday. I'm no doctor, but I would probably stay on the ground at this point.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah. The saner part of me is saying that too. They had an opening on Tuesday, but I had a test that day, and it wouldve been a bigger pain trying to make that up than missing a weekend of jumping. My luck, the pressure change would cause dry socket :S:D

Hell, I thought I was gonna get my balls clipped this past Tuesday, but it's actually set for April 30, so I can go have fun tomorrow at Skydive Alabama's 10 year anniversary boogie. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Didn't the doc give you a scrip for something stronger?

He did, but because of issues with my pharmacy I wasnt able to get it until late last night, and I had already taken an Ambien when my folks brought it home (Im not about to mix Ambien with Dilaudid)... For the most part I am feeling fine right now so I dont have any reason to take the hard stuff.

And since I am allergic to most of the hard stuff, I couldnt just take something my parents have in the medicine cabinet [:/]

Did you have a general or just a local anaesthetic? I only had one removed, and that was just with a local. Didn't hurt, but it was a pretty violent procedure - all that wrenching!

The worst thing is trying to keep the food out of the empty sockets until they heal - it's just annoying. Stay away from rice! :)

Did you have a general or just a local anaesthetic? I only had one removed, and that was just with a local. Didn't hurt, but it was a pretty violent procedure - all that wrenching!

The worst thing is trying to keep the food out of the empty sockets until they heal - it's just annoying. Stay away from rice! :)

GENERAL. I had enough teeth yanked as a child... Didnt really feel like going through that again. Especially since these were under the gums...

Just super swollen. I feel like I gained 10 lbs just in my cheeks!!

This really calls for pics.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Good to hear you're doing okay. Our 19 yo daughter had hers out last week and had a bit of a rough time with fever and infection. The 2nd antibiotic did the trick, though, and she's doing well now. Whew.:)

you have a 19yr old daughter too!!!! why wasnt i told of this while i was there =D
IHYD

Just super swollen. I feel like I gained 10 lbs just in my cheeks!!

This really calls for pics.>:(

:P

DAYUM!

You're really cute with chipmunk cheeks:)

:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I can empathize on dental issues.
I had 4 teeth extracted in Jr High in preparation for braces.
I had all my wisdom extracted by an oral surgeon around age 20.
Just 2 months ago I lost a tooth to a rare malady called external resorption.
I am now growing a bone graft in the jaw in preparation for a titanium implant.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I've only ever had one tooth pulled, because I had one tooth too many.

I still have all my wisdom teeth, but one or two of them have started getting cavities on the far side, the part that's hard to brush. The dentist recommended they come out a year ago. I keep putting it off. They're not hurting at all.

I know, better to get them out before they start hurting. :S

I've only ever had one tooth pulled, because I had one tooth too many.

I still have all my wisdom teeth, but one or two of them have started getting cavities on the far side, the part that's hard to brush. The dentist recommended they come out a year ago. I keep putting it off. They're not hurting at all.

I know, better to get them out before they start hurting. :S

I have that issue with one of my 12 year molars (which I didnt get til I was 16 btw), and on top of that, the filling has fallen out/off four times, because its difficult to get a good filling in that part of the mouth evidently... I lost I think only 1 or 2 of my teeth the natural way (wiggle til it falls out)... Most were knocked out on the playground (including the first one in 2nd grade), and then the 8 that got yanked... Which is why I was surprised that my wisdom teeth were moving around and ready to come out.

Also, one tooth too many?! Sheesh! :P

Also, one tooth too many?! Sheesh! :P

Yeah, I thought that was strange. Maybe not as strange as having an extra finger or toe. :P

It was crowding the other teeth so out it came, and then braces went on to help the former neighboring teeth move to fill the gap and straighten the rest out. It was successful except for one tooth that still juts out at a 30 degree angle like a door is ajar.