rapter

cloud?

Stratus cloud layer with virga.

Something, probably a descending bit of cold air from above, punched through the stratus layer and upset it enough to cause precipitation (virga).

What is interesting is the shape of this. Normally when what I've described above happens it leaves a round hole. I can conceive of a column of cold air descending through a layer of stratus and leaving a sort of wake like this if the stratus layer is moving as it intersects it.

At least, that's my guess.

Either that or somebody was experimenting with cloud seeding.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I am not 100% on this being the case here, but I have seen similar things happen when large aircraft ascend or descend through thin cloud layers. the wake (burble in skydiver jargon) causes this layer to become non-uniform, makeing this part not have cloud until the layer stabilizes.

similar to a large rock being thrown into a pond with a thin layer of ice on it. the ice breaks, leaves a obvious hole, but when it all calms down it re-freezes (conditions permitting)

-SPACE-

I am not 100% on this being the case here, but I have seen similar things happen when large aircraft ascend or descend through thin cloud layers. the wake (burble in skydiver jargon) causes this layer to become non-uniform, makeing this part not have cloud until the layer stabilizes.

Certainly possible.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

i thought it looked like a vag...:P

cool pic though, would like to know what caused it

We need to find you a woman

Last I knew, Rapter already has a woman, with really huge... tracts of land... :D:D:D:D

Nice Holy Grail reference!
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.