airtwardo

Continental & United Merger

Hi Jim,

So who does the wifey work for???? ;)

Back in the 70's Continental IMO was one of the worst airlines out there. And United was IMO the best.

Times have changed; United is one of the worst for customer service & Continental is getting pretty good reviews.

~25 yrs ago I read an article that said eventually there will be only 3 airlines in this country. We're getting there. :S

JerryBaumchen

Be nice if it drives prioces down, but ai am betting up instead!

personally, I usually fly either Southwest, Or my favorite for obvious reason's Hawaii air!

Yeah, I don't see this bringing price relief either. I think Southwest is a very well run airline, but I don't like flying with them. I've had excellent experience with United until this very last trip I made with them. It was bad enough that I actually wrote an honest-to-God-letter to the CEO's office. I don't expect anything from it, but at least I'm on the record.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Let's just say I think she's gotta get a new hat!

I wonder if I will get new style uniforms that don't suck after this. That is if I still have a job.[:/]

Doesn't sound like anybody on the CO side is really thrilled!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

United has lost both luggage and frequent flier miles for me, while Continental has gotten me places (almost always) on time, and with my luggage.

But Southwest is my primary airline of choice. I like the cattle-car approach, as I kind of like selecting my seat on the spur of the moment, and their hand and checked luggage policies are the most flexible.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

United has lost both luggage and frequent flier miles for me, while Continental has gotten me places (almost always) on time, and with my luggage.

But Southwest is my primary airline of choice. I like the cattle-car approach, as I kind of like selecting my seat on the spur of the moment, and their hand and checked luggage policies are the most flexible.

Wendy P.

Well it sounds like Houston is gonna be losing a whole lotta jobs, on the other hand...we may finally get to move back west! ;)

But Southwest is my primary airline of choice. I like the cattle-car approach, as I kind of like selecting my seat on the spur of the moment,

Wendy P.

You just dig looking around for the hottest armrest-mates!

Elvisio "always stuck next to the crying baby" Rodriguez

It hasn't made them a better airline IMO.

You really think any merger has the goal of improving the quality of the company?

Its about making more money, either through taping into new markets, or efficiencies of scale.
Remster

It hasn't made them a better airline IMO.

You really think any merger has the goal of improving the quality of the company?

Its about making more money, either through taping into new markets, or efficiencies of scale.

BINGO!

Same name or what will the cojoined companies be called?

Lots of possibilities......vulgar in nature of course!

Uncontented
Cuntinental

Cuntinental Blowlines :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban