Tiger6513

Please Help Name Our Deli!!!

Yup...when I went to the U of I there was a deli that people use to wait an hour or more to get into, it was THAT good.

Within 3 years ya could get a better sammich at Subway!

At least there wasn't a line anymore!!:ph34r:

In Plant City (a few miles south of zephyrhills) a place called "Jim's Lunch" was locally famous for having the best hamburgers around. When my dad returned from England after WW2 the first thing he wanted to do was go get a burger from Jims's. His buds told him the place had been shut down for mixing meat from stray cats in his burgers. :P:P

Stray cats? Disgusting. They should have used the classifieds for free kittens. Home-raised cats make better eatin:)
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Guys, don't get this thread locked. Only post to this thread if you have suggestions for the Deli name.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

PIAZENCA TRASVERSALI DELI

To me that name conjers up a taste of real country side Italy
reguardles of the fact that I have a load of relations in Piazenca,
and with a name like that you'll get the Northern Italians and not that
breed from the South.

Gone fishing

Okay, easy, well known name . . . Mama Mia's.

Oh yeah, Bernoulli was Dutch-Swiss, but we all know Switzerland has not their own language, but German, French and Italian. So it's still an Italiano moniker, si?;)

Ciao, baby.B|

THAT'S IT...THE PERFECT NAME!

Yummy Ciao! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I was simply trying to point out that treatment of immigrants in this country has always been less than ideal and Mexican immigrants are not experiencing anything new. I was pointing out that immigrants have been mistreated regardless of their immigration status, country of origin, or service to this country and that that treatment does not necessarily temper their love for this country.

Yeah...like THAT'S gonna fit on the sign at the deli! :D

I dunno it's kind of catchy...:D

... damn I was away from my cpu this weekend... this thread got bent ahahahaha
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

From my observations in an industry I know little about, the name doesn't mean as much as the product you serve.

Ethnicity in the name matters little as deli's are run by every nationality.

What is important is the little things that leave the unsuccessful deli owners scratching their heads trying to figure out why it didn't work. Like using miracle whip or some cheap shit dressings instead of real mayonnaise.

The same goes for the bread. Bagged off-the-shelf garbage will also spell failure and you need a daily supplier. If you don't use it all, freeze it. Bread oxidizes quickly.

Real butter instead of margarine is also important.

Keep those things in mind and using cheap meats will also spell disaster.

Just my 2 cents, GOOD LUCK

Great points, the deli is really gonna start off small and not be very complicated, mostly my father is going to make his pasta sauce on monday, turn it into a meat sauce or simple bolognese tues, weds will probably be a la cart alfredo (only the best ingredients simple and delicious..personal favorite;)) thurs dunno probably a ziti and fri lasagna. We are not looking to have a ton of deli meats hanging around and we are not planning selling sliced meats. Homemade ministrone and chicken soup will always be avail also! Obvioulsy some sandwich meats and trimmings.
Honestly the store is doing very well w/o the deli so we are hoping to add more for our costumers, and my dad really likes to cook good food.

I was simply trying to point out that treatment of immigrants in this country has always been less than ideal and Mexican immigrants are not experiencing anything new. I was pointing out that immigrants have been mistreated regardless of their immigration status, country of origin, or service to this country and that that treatment does not necessarily temper their love for this country.

Yeah...like THAT'S gonna fit on the sign at the deli! :D

I dunno it's kind of catchy...:D

... damn I was away from my cpu this weekend... this thread got bent ahahahaha

I like the play on "ciao". "Chow, Baby!" works for me!

Hey! the thread started going off the tracks before my response. But, I admit I contributed to the drift(and I apologize for it). Looks like it's somewhat back on track.

Honestly the store is doing very well w/o the deli so we are hoping to add more for our costumers, and my dad really likes to cook good food.

Great, and I hope the enthusiasm stays. Adding another department is a real commitment and as long as it stays fun for Dad as well as profitable, everybody wins.

I used to be an aviation enthusiast, but being in the actual business for some time it kind of lost its glory. The only thing I like about flying now is the 1 way trip to altitude, the rest is just a job.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Dress up like an Indian and call it New Deli :)

or go nekid and call it 'Nude Deli'

THAT's appetizing - Just imagine his dad with just an apron on - that's it - JUST an apron - and he bends over and picks up the bag of orzo off the floor - right as you walk up to order!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Dress up like an Indian and call it New Deli :)

or go nekid and call it 'Nude Deli'

THAT's appetizing - Just imagine his dad with just an apron on - that's it - JUST an apron - and he bends over and picks up the bag of orzo off the floor - right as you walk up to order!

That would Not be a pretty site

Great, and I hope the enthusiasm stays. Adding another department is a real commitment and as long as it stays fun for Dad as well as profitable, everybody wins.

I hope it doesn't loose its glory for him but all the recipies are easy for the rest of the fam to recreate so everybody can pitch in and keep pa dukes from getting too sick of it... btw my mom veto'd Pa Dukes from being an option lol

I used to be an aviation enthusiast, but being in the actual business for some time it kind of lost its glory. The only thing I like about flying now is the 1 way trip to altitude, the rest is just a job.