JohnMitchell

Bragging on my son.

Our son Brett is a senior high school , but has spent the last two years going to community college instead. In June he graduates from both high school and community college simultaneously. He also happens to be graduating top of his class, with a 3.987 GPA. We knew he was a smart kid and studies hard, but, dang, we weren't expecting that.

He's now 18 and has his 2 year degree in Aviation Studies and Air Traffic Control. He hopes to hire on with the FAA as a controller and follow in my footsteps. But more than that, he's a wonderful, kind, thoughtful young man. I have to say we're really proud of him.

Thanks for letting me brag for a moment.;)

Getting your kid from newborn to 18 years is quite an accomplishment, and when they are in good shape at the end of it, it is a nice bonus! Being a father has got to be one of the most significant thing in life, congrats for doing a good job of it. I am glad he started his college courses early, I am 25 and still working on my AS, hopefully someday I will have a BA in Aerospace engineering, if I can hang in there that long hahaha.

Congratulations! So, where do you suppose he got all those brains from? Can things like that skip a generation?

Must have.:S:D

I owe it all to Valinda. She is a mom extroidinaire. :)

Dunno...i for one KNOW it take two for most of us to get it right! You guys should be proud, job well done!!

Tell that young man congrats...My bet is he goes VERY far! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You have every right to brag. Right now I'm hoping my boy lives to see 4 >:( He is pissin' his mom off something fierce the lil bugger.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Outstanding John. Brag all you want. Make sure he hears some of it as well.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Outstanding John. Brag all you want. Make sure he hears some of it as well.

Thanks. He's pretty taciturn and modest, so the first we heard of this was from his high school counselor. :DWhen I asked Brett about it, he was almost embarrassed by the attention. I told him that I was pleased by his modesty, but it was okay to be proud of an accomplishment he worked hard to achieve. I also told him that we were very proud of him, not for what he had done, but for the kind of person he was. That's what I felt was important.

Are you sure he's YOURS?:o

I can see V's influence - but . . .

Seriously, it was a pleasure meeting him. Tell him congrats from all of us - He's a great kid and you must just be bursting with pride.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You forgot to mention that he's Valedictorian. Not sure if he's going to give a speech at the graduation ceremony or not yet. He won't tell us. It's a surprise.

I'm very proud of my son. Not only for being #1 in his high school and college classes but for everything he does. When I was very sick and having trouble walking he'd always walk close to me and tell me to lean on him. If I was feeling very bad he'd make dinner for me and his three sisters when John was at work and even clean up! He's always helped me cut out the skydiving jumpsuits too. He became a very good parachute packer by the time he was 10 or 11. He can shoot a gun as well as I can. Has learned to do wood working in the garage with Dad. Can change the oil, tire, filters etc. in all the cars. He's even welded awesome things out in the garage. And he's so cute with small children. In fact at this moment he's babysitting for a neighbor. The kids love him! He's just a very amazing young man.

Is it the parents? Naw, I think it's just him. I feel so luck to have such a great kid!

Attached is a picture of him and his girl friend at Senior Prom last month. He's over 6 feet tall and his girl friend is maybe 5 feet with her heels on. :D:D:D She's working towards being a research scientist. They have lots of interesting things to talk about.