You Know You're in the Middle East When...

...tap water comes in two temperatures: Hot, and REALLY FRICKIN' HOT

That is all.

mh
:D
:S
B|
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

...the smoking section is where ever you happen to be standing.

That applies to much of eastern Europe, and China too.

not all of China, public smoking if frowned upon in many places. My wife found out last November
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

West meets East

Hahaha - good one (don't forget the footprints on the seat or the shit in the shower stall)! I saw more pit toilets in Kosovo than I think I did in Korea, but I haven't seen any pits in the Gulf so far. Perhaps I'm in the wrong place...:S

mh

West meets East

Hahaha - good one (don't forget the footprints on the seat or the shit in the shower stall)! I saw more pit toilets in Kosovo than I think I did in Korea, but I haven't seen any pits in the Gulf so far. Perhaps I'm in the wrong place...:S

mh

Ive seen the same stalls in UAE as well;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

From what I understand, just inhaling the atmosphere there is bad enough, why add smoking to it?!

(That's from my dad, who travels to China pretty frequently from work, and who - like myself and the rest of my family, is from Santiago, Chile...so it's and "informed" opinion :P )

Ha! That is a better shitter then we got in the 1st gulf war.

They kinda looked like the pic you have, but there was a gutter running from left to right that everything flowed into and out the side. Needless to say, we always tried to get the stall on the left so we didnt have to see and smell what our buddy was getting rid of. Though that was much better than shitting in half a 50 gallon barrel and then pulling burn and stir detail in the morning. Oh the horror.
Dom

When you get more sandstorms than rainstorms.

You know you've been there too long when the sand storms dont really bother you much anymore.:S

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

When I went to A&P school back in the early eighties at Northrop University a large part of student body was middle eastern. I gotta say they were good guys just deprived of a normal eduction and a world view. So I introduced them to rock & roll, titty bars, alcohol, fast cars, and marijuana. I swear, half of them never went back home. I think I did more to stem terrorism than Bush ever did . . .

NickD :)

When I went to A&P school back in the early eighties at Northrop University a large part of student body was middle eastern. I gotta say they were good guys just deprived of a normal eduction and a world view. So I introduced them to rock & roll, titty bars, alcohol, fast cars, and marijuana. I swear, half of them never went back home. I think I did more to stem terrorism than Bush ever did . . . NickD :)

Hmm. I'm thinking you're the reason their countrymen back home went to war against us. :D

A&P school

Call me dumb, but I had to look that up:

http://www.ch47.org/dictionary.htm

A & P. Rating - Enables you to fly grocery supplies.

Got it now.

When you see "Camel Crossing" signs (see attached).

When I went to A&P school back in the early eighties at Northrop University a large part of student body was middle eastern. I gotta say they were good guys just deprived of a normal eduction and a world view. So I introduced them to rock & roll, titty bars, alcohol, fast cars, and marijuana. I swear, half of them never went back home. I think I did more to stem terrorism than Bush ever did . . .

NickD :)

It works so much better then guns and violence.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain