TrophyHusband

how the hell do i turn off my droid alarm clock?

after finally figuring out how to get the alarm clock on my droid eris to work, i can't turn it off. no matter what i do it goes into snooze mode. for the last hour and a half it had gone off every 10 minutes. i've googled it and can't find anything. anyone know what to do? i realize that i can get it to stop now be just going in and deleting the alarm, what i want to know is what to do when it first goes off in the morning.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I have had some weird behavior from my droid's alarm... but at least it always goes off.

In theory, a dismiss/snooze popup should come up. Hitting dismiss should shut it off. You can also change the side button behavior to dismiss the alarm...but i find that dangerous so i make my side buttons snooze so i dont shut my alarm off by accident.

If the popup doesn't come up, you should get a snooze notification. Tapping it should either disable the alarm or bring up the popup that lets you disable it.

I knew I was going to have trouble with the alarm from my first time playing with a droid in the store... I use my phone as my alarm clock every day, so it was the first thing i tried in the store. The verizon employee took a long time to figure out how to shut the alarm off after i set it.

Dave

after finally figuring out how to get the alarm clock on my droid eris to work, i can't turn it off. no matter what i do it goes into snooze mode. for the last hour and a half it had gone off every 10 minutes. i've googled it and can't find anything. anyone know what to do? i realize that i can get it to stop now be just going in and deleting the alarm, what i want to know is what to do when it first goes off in the morning.

:D:D:D

what i want to know is what to do when it first goes off in the morning

Either clean up the mess or have the wife take care of it for ya!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I'm not a droid-phile, but are you able to use the trackball on your Eris to select a "dismiss" option? Or can you select the menu to pull up a dismiss versus snooze?

If not, just make the switch to a Blackberry, whose alarm clock is plenty easy to dismiss or sleep, with no complications...then you could join our dz.com bb messenger group. Oh the debauchery!! B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

the dismiss pop-up comes up, but hitting it is just like hitting the snooze.

Hmmm... been using mine daily and haven't had that one happen yet. There are some replacement alarm clock apps you could try. But I'm too scared of my alarm not going off.

Dave

;):D

;):D

I wish I knew where I left that damn picture... I have one that is an actual self destruct device for a military radio system... gotta find it.

ETA: found it! The watch is for scale, and the green box is the data panel:

1: Apply
2: Repeat

Cant make this shit up!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message