Cinders

Best place/way to mark rig

Hi all you fellow nuts :)

What's the best way and place to mark a rig? I have a mirage, and talked to mirage co. about a ring cover with name stitched on. I hate to replace the cool logos on the ring covers, though :(

I know it can still be stolen and removed, but it'd make me feel better at a busy DZ that my rig has a name on it.

I have the reserve card marked, but I'd still like something on the actually container somewhere visible.

Thanks for ideas.

What's the best way and place to mark a rig? I have a mirage, and talked to mirage co. about a ring cover with name stitched on. I hate to replace the cool logos on the ring covers, though :(

I know it can still be stolen and removed, but it'd make me feel better at a busy DZ that my rig has a name on it.

I have the reserve card marked, but I'd still like something on the actually container somewhere visible.

Thanks for ideas.

I have found that peeing on it does the job. :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Thanks for ideas.

See my avatar picture... that aint walking away unnoticed.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Thanks for ideas.

:S:S
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

Thanks for ideas.

Slide a piece of metal into the packing data pocket. Then, on fabric side not the TSO label side, use a basting tip to put your initials in dotted letters. It's obvious if looked for but easily over looked to the casual observer. This will help to recover it AFTER it's stonlen. To prevent the theft, make so ugly no one would want it. :) So don't pack at the end of the day or put it away immediately after packing.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

See my avatar picture... that aint walking away unnoticed.

And mine. This is on the side of my rig. Too many people know what my rig looks like (esp since I've been so annoying about showing it to EVERYONE since I got it!).
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Thanks for ideas.

LMFAO!

@TriGirl: Who stitched that? That'd be great to get my name on the side and maybe a cool design too

@TriGirl: Who stitched that? That'd be great to get my name on the side and maybe a cool design too

I had it done while the rig was being made. It's a Wings. I sent them a digital image of what I wanted when I placed the order (graphic, not photo), and they did it before they assembled the rig. Additional price was reasonable, too.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

These are all great tips but that is disturbing that we have such crooks in our sport to go as far and taking someone's stuff. If anyone was caught taking gear at our DZ, they would get their @ss beat.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

The "ring cover" is called a mud flap. Have your name or license number embroidered on it during manufacture. Even if someone stole the rig and picked out the embroidery, it would still show due to differential fading of the fabric.

You don't need those company logos anyway - why walk around advertising for them like a skydiving sandwich board?

The "ring cover" is called a mud flap. Have your name or license number embroidered on it during manufacture. Even if someone stole the rig and picked out the embroidery, it would still show due to differential fading of the fabric.

You don't need those company logos anyway - why walk around advertising for them like a skydiving sandwich board?

Thats why I didnt get any logos (besides the V-3 logo on the yoke) of my new rig. I didnt see an option to not have that one.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Get a rig that looks like this.

Valinda used to be Kelly Farrington's embroider contractor on all his rigs, so when he built hers, she pimped out every panel with VSE, flames, names, the works. B|

There's a rig in that picture??? :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

If V ever meets Nataly, tell her to hide the rig.:ph34r:

Fuck the rig - you'd have to pry me off V!! :ph34r::ph34r:
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Get a rig that looks like this.

Valinda used to be Kelly Farrington's embroider contractor on all his rigs, so when he built hers, she pimped out every panel with VSE, flames, names, the works. B|

There's a rig in that picture??? :D:D

John takes every opportunity he has to post that pic!

PS: Thanks John! ;)
Remster

Forget my last post.
If V ever meets Nataly, get video.
Or even better, let me know in advance so I can be there.:)

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If V ever meets Nataly, tell her to hide the rig.:ph34r:

Fuck the rig - you'd have to pry me off V!! :ph34r::ph34r:

Too easy. Not gonna go there... :ph34r:

Never tell them they are "too easy"!
We don't want to discourage this kind of behaviour.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Forget my last post.
If V ever meets Nataly, get video.
Or even better, let me know in advance so I can be there.:)

You doing inside video or outside?