LuckyMcSwervy

Strange News From My Area

Officials consider further search options, after witnesses report a person falling from the sky over Egg Harbor Township

My ex-husband sent me the New Jersey State Police alert late yesterday afternoon. Very strange indeed...

ETA: This is nowhere near a "bad spot" at our dropzone. Probably 35 miles east of Cross Keys. Yesterday's reports said the witnesses said it was a man wearing a jumpsuit. Hmmm.... :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Officials consider further search options, after witnesses report a person falling from the sky over Egg Harbor Township

My ex-husband sent me the New Jersey State Police alert late yesterday afternoon. Very strange indeed...

ETA: This is nowhere near a "bad spot" at our dropzone. Probably 35 miles east of Cross Keys. Yesterday's reports said the witnesses said it was a man wearing a jumpsuit. Hmmm.... :|

Jeb or someone trying to beat him to it?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Assuming there wasn't also a plane crash, then at least one other person ought to know what actually happened.

But it's not that uncommon for falling objects to be mistaken for people - cutaway canopies are quite often reported as such. No matter how 'reliable' their witnesses, this may well be something and nothing. Let's hope the latter!

>If you watch the show you'll know what I mean.

Maybe the Situation tossed out a "grenade" .....Whatever the fuck that means:S:D

:D:D:D Don't forget the "land mines".

Grenades are ugly fat chicks and land minds are ugly skinny chicks. Those definitions are from Jersey Shore, not my personal opinion. :P

Jeez, have one little bandit low-pull contest, and everyone gets their panties in a knot.

I wondered aloud to my exH if it could've been a bandit jump but I don't know any skydivers who even live in the area...

This is leading local news here.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Witnesses-Watch-Person-Free-Fall-From-the-Sky-102976854.html

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7669913

I saw in the incidents thread this was mentioned and someone noted this is on the base leg into Atlantic City International Airport. Landing gear down... stowaway drops out? How could they tell someone had black, navy and gray on?

My neighbor across the street is one of the Coast Guard helicopter pilots from ACY. I gotta see if he's home.

Landing gear down... stowaway drops out?

Hadn't thought of that possibility, but it makes a lot more sense. It'd hardly be the first time it has happened - and given that nobody would have seen exactly where the 'body' landed, it could take a pretty long time to find it.

Landing gear down... stowaway drops out?

Hadn't thought of that possibility, but it makes a lot more sense. It'd hardly be the first time it has happened - and given that nobody would have seen exactly where the 'body' landed, it could take a pretty long time to find it.

See that is what buzzards are for... eventually the smell will let you know where a body is at.

Just sayin