skyrider

How Do You Not See a Balloon

Responding to the subject line, not the post. Ask Phreezone....Hey Phree! How do you not see a balloon? :P:P:P:P

(Re:Dublin, GA)

We never did get a definitive answer to that, did we?
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I made two jumps where I did a fly-by of a hot-air balloon under a high-performance canopy. The first time, I made my pass about twenty feet above the top of the balloon.

On the second jump, my flight path took me right past the basket. It must have been too close for the pilot, because he shook his fist at me and then fired up the burners--right as I swooped past. I could feel the heat on my face, and I imagined having to chop my canopy because the end cell was on fire.

If you get an opportunity to swoop a balloon, stay away from the basket unless you have permission from the pilot...

I made two jumps where I did a fly-by of a hot-air balloon under a high-performance canopy. The first time, I made my pass about twenty feet above the top of the balloon.

On the second jump, my flight path took me right past the basket. It must have been too close for the pilot, because he shook his fist at me and then fired up the burners--right as I swooped past. I could feel the heat on my face, and I imagined having to chop my canopy because the end cell was on fire.

If you get an opportunity to swoop a balloon, stay away from the basket unless you have permission from the pilot...

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

The one I swooped was over flying Perris, I had just filmed a student, as usual stayed on my back to film their opening, flip over and am falling almost straight at this asshole in a balloon,(scared the fuck out-a me) , I dumped, and circled them 3 times saying a few choice words...>:(

Well, according to the Fox News headline, it's the balloon that hit the paraplane.

Hot Air Balloon Collides with Paraglider
Midair collision caught on tape

So, take that as an indication of the accuracy of the story.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The one I swooped was over flying Perris, I had just filmed a student, as usual stayed on my back to film their opening, flip over and am falling almost straight at this asshole in a balloon,(scared the fuck out-a me) , I dumped, and circled them 3 times saying a few choice words...>:(

I was tracking away from a 4-way one day, and looked up to see I was aiming straight at a balloon.
That was interesting.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, according to the Fox News headline, it's the balloon that hit the paraplane.

One"at mercy of the winds" Other, "full steering andd motor".....now who hit who?

Bad enough they said "glider" :S

One"at mercy of the winds" Other, "full steering andd motor".....now who hit who?

Bad enough they said "glider" :S

"Wow!! That balloon just came out of nowhere!" :P

Ever since I saw a picture of a mass assention at Albequerque I've wanted to fly a canopy down the balloon stream. I think it would be like flying past multi-colored clouds.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

:D:DTake that as a general guide to the accuracy of any "reporting" on FOX.:P

Hey, remember the student jumper who flew his canopy into the tied down blimp? I can't find it on YouTube, though.