virgin-burner

bacon and beer

Man, that looks good! But I think I might cover it with chili cheese.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

i ended up cutting slices of bread into stripes, rolled slices of bacon around them and put them into the oven for like 10 minutes at around 400° F = 200°C; yummy! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

:D I'm on my second cup of coffee. Someone's cooking bacon in the kitchen, so breakfast might be next. Budweiser this early? Heck, I'd be asleep again by noon. :D

Budweiser???:S
I thought we were talking about beer!:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Skyrider actually said "bud". I assumed we were talking about a carbonated liquid beverage. I could be wrong on that too. ;)

Yep , Budweiser....My good buddy Bud...Best breakfast known to man....(well, second best)

YUP dinner too...there's a porkchop in every can! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

It is VERY good!!!! When you buy the bacon, try to buy the longest strips possible for the wrap, mine were short and I had way too much filling, and it was a challenge to get it rolled properly. I put some onions and peppers inside mine, not bad. Make sure you use some bbq sauce on the inside, otherwise there is so much meat that it starts lacking the spice aspect that the bbq brings. I wouldn't put the bbq sauce on the outside until the very end of the cook, that sugar is prone to burning. I love smoking food! For your first time, this isn't a bad recipe, whole pork shoulders are also excellent. The high fat content prevents the meat from being burned, because the extra heat goes into breaking down the fat rather than drying/burning the meat.
A couple smoking tips I have discovered:
1. Use a large pan under your bbq item, and put some hot water into it. It helps regulate the temp just like the fat, it will suck energy by boiling rather than letting the temp get too high.
2 Dry wood chips work just fine too, you don't have to soak them. Larger pieces are preferred over small chips. Watch out for temps increasing after adding the chips, they will start to burn and add heat. If they are soaked make sure they are dried off just before you add them, the water can put out some of the coals if they are dripping.
3. lots of times the thermometer on the bbq itself can really suck, thing about adding another (I just take the digital meat thermometer used for checking meat temps, and put it inside next to the meat. It has a long metal wire and gets good readings at the same level as the food, which is where you want it)
4. You can add a very large portion of unburned coals into the bottom of the fire box, and put 20 or so lit coals on top of them. The unlit ones start slowly, and helps keep an even temp over very long time periods. I always do this method if I am smoking overnight.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. check out these guys, they have a whole ton of recipes and the main guy has a great voice haha.

http://www.youtube.com/show/bbqpitboys?pl=11AABC12C8FF1CA8

YEEES! ive been looking for that recipe for a long time!! i saw it somewhere a while ago but couldnt rember it!

thank you!!!
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.