Sure - why not?:P

Anyone else going?

I'd go with you if not for two facts:
1 -- I'm not anywhere near you, and
2 -- I have a combat fitness test in the morning,

Raincheck?
;)

Ok.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Pfft... I haven't even seen the 5th and 6th Harry Potter movies! :S

Someday when all the movies are done, I'll get the whole set on DVD.

I've seen them all ....multiple times. My kid grew up with 'arry Pawt-ter. I'm required by law to purchase the movies, books, crappaphernalia, etc. (Not so much for the last 2 or 3 episodes but I do still have to get the movies.) :S

. . . 12:10

Anyone else going?

Isn't that just one tenth of a degree away from Treky Geek?

I got the tickets for my daughter - so I have to go.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Anyone else going?

Isn't that just one tenth of a degree away from Treky Geek?

I got the tickets for my daughter - so I have to go.:)

COUGH! BULLSHIT! :)

Man up... no ... admit it , you're a"Hairy fan". and I mean that in the gayest way possible! :)
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Anyone else going?

I'm trying to find mates here to go with me......

CReW Skies,
bubblse

P,S. yes i'm already drunk AND ALL ready!
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Alright then, how was it? Mostly I mean how was the theater experience. My brother took his daughter last night, too -- thinking sure, there would be a bunch of high-school kids, but not so much with the ankle biter crowd. True?
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

This is the only one I haven't done the midnight thing for. :( Last time I even went alone! I couldn't get off work today since I am taking a coulpe days off in a couple weeks- and I am already at work! No way I would have been able to stay awake today.
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

Alright then, how was it? Mostly I mean how was the theater experience. My brother took his daughter last night, too -- thinking sure, there would be a bunch of high-school kids, but not so much with the ankle biter crowd. True?

I didn't see any rug rovers. Youngest I saw was 15 or so -

got there early and got good seats. Long wait.

I didn't see any rug rovers. Youngest I saw was 15 or so -

got there early and got good seats. Long wait.

I do not worry about getting seats... I bought mine for tonight back 3 weeks ago. I know right where to sit in the theatre.. and dead center in these seats... ROCK http://www.d-box.com/

I hereby guarantee, no spoilers follow. 

I’ve yet to decide if splitting the book and making two movies is folly or genius. I don’t think I can really judge until Part 2 is released July 15, 2011.

The book runs 759 pages and, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1, faithfully includes almost every detail from page 1 to page 501. This may, in fact, be genius when you consider the franchise in total. Although, it might not seem like it while watching Part 1.

The issue is the book itself rambles on quite a bit for a good deal of pages 1 to 501. In particular, there are a vast number of chapters where the main characters don’t seem to be doing much of anything except hiding while stumped as to what to do next. As I said, this is faithfully reproduced in the movie and what makes it worse is it becomes a larger percentage of the total movie.

Thankfully, this has the potential of setting us up for a ripper of a Part 2 since all the boring bits will be behind us.

I would have liked to have seen some reminders of the overall story a little more artfully woven into the script to keep folks up to speed. While it’s probably not an issue for the diehard fans of the books, I don’t think the movie stands on its own, which I don’t think is ever a good sign when it comes to the general public. Oh sure, they probably get the drift Harry is the kid with the round glasses, but my guess is few will remember specifics about Sirius Black, his home in London or he willed it to Harry after his death a couple movies back.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I’ve yet to decide if splitting the book and making two movies is folly or genius. I don’t think I can really judge until Part 2 is released July 15, 2011.

Doesn't really matter what you think...they're gonna make alot of money genius.;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Doesn't really matter what you think...they're gonna make alot of money genius.;)

Sometimes the point of something -isn't- to make the most money. Sometimes in an attempt to make the most money, "they" just ruin it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I think thatthe book to movie ratio was pretty high in part one. The climax of the book is yet to come and I think they will spend more time and money detailing those events.