CSpenceFLY

How much would you or have you paid to go to a music festival?

Those music festivals tend to be free, but the beer is not.

Depending on the groups playing, number of days and number of bands, etc. I would pay between $10-$50.

Paying a little more for a cooler would be a nice option.

Edit: Since it's one night I'll +1 the $25, but that would be top end depending on the talent.

I'm talking about local or regional talent. Would you pay a few bucks more to be able to bring your own cooler in as opposed to paying for over priced drinks?

Edit: Should have said this would be for a one evening event. Like 7 till midnight.

I paid $30 or $40 for one with regional jam bands a few months ago but it was a two night/three day sort of deal. Camping and cooking on site.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

In my town they do an "Alive After 5" that includes live music. There are booths set up for local vendors to hawk their wares (I'm sure vendors pay a booth fee) and they also offer a sample of some kind of food. People pay $7 for that, and $1 per beer. It draws a pretty big crowd.

In Fitzgerald, wouldn't we be able to hear the music anyway? What would be the point in going to the other side of the lake?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In my town they do an "Alive After 5" that includes live music. There are booths set up for local vendors to hawk their wares (I'm sure vendors pay a booth fee) and they also offer a sample of some kind of food. People pay $7 for that, and $1 per beer. It draws a pretty big crowd.

In Fitzgerald, wouldn't we be able to hear the music anyway? What would be the point in going to the other side of the lake?

In my hometown they have little music fests all the, they're free to get in but nail ya on beer & food, there are also vendors selling junk...hats, chem-lites, balloons, tee-shirts etc.

They had a couple of 'em that they tried to charge admission to and nobody came, maybe it was because they had been free prior...but the organizer lost his ass on both of those 'ticket' fests.

Usually 3000-3500 people when free...250 people when charged.

It's a gamble.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I paid $8.50 to see Rolling Thunder Revue in 1975. Dylan, Baez, McGuinn, Scarlet Rivera, etc. and I thought that was ridiculously high. I could have bought 2 albums for that.

Sounds like you'd pay the price of two albums. What's that these days?

I'm going to a "heart" concert, outdoors, Ely Mn in Dec.
I think it's something like 75 bucks a ticket.
Did I tell you it's outdoors? In Dec? IN MINNESOTA?

It's my Christmas present from Streaker,but the real present is all of the suffering he is going to be doing. Not the price tag.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

The reason for the other side of the lake is it would be open to the public. I don't want the public on our side late in the day or after hours. There would also be music on our side.

id pay up to about $20 only if i REALLY liked the band, or i knew them personally. maybe like 10 for someone id not heard much of, but even for that id wanna see them online or something.

as far as the beer thing goes, yeah i could see myself paying a slight fee to bring my own.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I paid $8.50 to see Rolling Thunder Revue in 1975. Dylan, Baez, McGuinn, Scarlet Rivera, etc. and I thought that was ridiculously high. I could have bought 2 albums for that.

Sounds like you'd pay the price of two albums. What's that these days?

I'm going to a "heart" concert, outdoors, Ely Mn in Dec.
I think it's something like 75 bucks a ticket.
Did I tell you it's outdoors? In Dec? IN MINNESOTA?

It's my Christmas present from Streaker,but the real present is all of the suffering he is going to be doing. Not the price tag.

Actually 1976. I've seen him 3 or 4 times in between but the last time was at the Ice Palace in Tampa, 2002. The ticket stub says the price for that one was $41.25 ....so, still about 2 albums. :)cool, man! I hope that $75 ticket comes with a couple shots of Jack or something! :P

Cant say I would really go to a music festival. But the one festival that I would love to go to again, is the annual beer festival in Denver. FREE BEER EVERYWHERE!!!B|

Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Cant say I would really go to a music festival. But the one festival that I would love to go to again, is the annual beer festival in Denver. FREE BEER EVERYWHERE!!!B|

heaven on earth. truly
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

heaven on earth. truly

Why yes......yes it was
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

SpenceStock!

3 Days of Peace, Love, Music, and Skydiving.B|

I watched a Woodstock special a couple nights ago, this one lady took it upon herself to make 500 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches . then told her friends to give them to the kids walking to the show.

Times have sadly changed. [:/]
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I dunno Spence...20 bucks is a jump in this economy, I'd just charge my IPod. ;)

Where the hell are you jumping for $20? You must be hanging with PopsJumper and his $25 registration.:D

Us old guys throw nickels around like manhole covers...:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~